Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Trump won, I'm leaving!
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
I'm waiting for the to leave already and stop blocking all the streets in manhattan causing traffic and all kinds of havoc because they didn't get their way! Go to Canada already! Get out of Manhattan

Get ready for four (or maybe even 8) more years of traffic jams in Manhattan--
https://www.dnainfo.com/new-yo.....dlock

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:33 pm
Ironically, though I'm happy with the result, I may be spurred to aliyah anyway. A large chunk of my family is not happy and claiming they're going to make aliyah. If they actually do, we'll follow. We've always wanted to but found it too hard to leave family behind.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:36 pm
Fox wrote:
...If they're smart and stick to facts, their opposition will ensure that any excesses of a Trump administration will be contained.

Snipped for brevity only. I do hope that with the Republicans in power they will have the ability to reign in any excesses of the president elects administration. I don't know how well that will work since they are all declared to be on the same team. Like any other election, this is a wait and see issue for me.

I think that once our new president is in office it will be expedient for him to comment on some of the extremist views being expressed on the internet and social media. Distancing himself from this segment of our population will be important for him to gain the support of those that didn't back his candidacy (be they Ds or Rs).

It's not the first nor the last time I've seen my team lose an election. As always he is our president and will need our support.

Miri7

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:01 pm
I just learned that Bannon is being considered for Trump's chief of staff.

If that comes to pass, and I really hope it won't, then I will be very upset and afraid. I will be watching closely whom he appoints to his cabinet and COS position as it will give us some direction of the direction in which we're going.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:09 pm
Miri7 wrote:
I just learned that Bannon is being considered for Trump's chief of staff.

If that comes to pass, and I really hope it won't, then I will be very upset and afraid. I will be watching closely whom he appoints to his cabinet and COS position as it will give us some direction of the direction in which we're going.

I would assume that Bannon would have a role in the Trump administration. Why would anyone have thought otherwise? Yes, rumor is Chief of Staff.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:23 pm
Raisin wrote:

I've seen it suggested to democrats to move to swing states, not canada.
I love this idea. Make more swing states!

Miri7

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:36 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I would assume that Bannon would have a role in the Trump administration. Why would anyone have thought otherwise? Yes, rumor is Chief of Staff.

Was hoping that his get-elected team would be different from his governing team. Bannon made sense to me as a campaign choice but not cos. A girl can hope!!! Oh well.

hotmom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:40 pm
So Trump won and he will actually be our next president to the horror of those who can't make peace with this.

So now you have two choices:
1) Take it!
OR
2) Leave!

rfeig613

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:53 pm
Anyone who doesn't want to get on the Trump Train, don't let the door hit you on the way out. America will be better off without mindless, liberal lemmings.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics