Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Female presidential candidate?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:50 am
No doubt many more rabbanim are against the internet than those against a female candidate for president.....

rfeig613

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:51 am
gold21 wrote:
No doubt many more rabbanim are against the internet than those against a female candidate for president.....

Filtered internet.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:52 am
rfeig613 wrote:
Feminism= lesbianism, divorce, emasculation, atheism, godlessness, immorality, zexual permissiveness, promiscuity, lewdness, Rosie O'Donnell, immodesty, PC, infanticide, mental illness, and disorder.

It goes against the natural order HaShem wants.

I challenge you to find one reputable rav who thinks feminism is positive.
Wow. Just wow. I feel like from this post, and I dont know you from adam, but I feel like you must be living a very sheltered life by what you say.
Not all feminism is about what you wrote above.
And THE perfect example, and someone wrote it up thread, of feminism, is the kollel system. And to some that is judaism to its fullest. Scratching Head

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:52 am
rfeig613 wrote:
Filtered internet.

Ah, so you're relying on a heter then. Hmmm.

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:56 am
rfeig613 wrote:
A lawmaker is different from an executive leader.

And to the naysayers, yes, I am real, and I stand by my convictions.

Well, you're not going to admit that you're a troll even if you are. So it's hard to say.

rfeig613

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:56 am
gold21 wrote:
Ah, so you're relying on a heter then. Hmmm.

What made you think I was yeshivish? I disagree with some things about that community, as well, namely people not working. But that's not nogeah here and now. We're a right wing YU-type family.

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:03 am
rfeig613 wrote:
What made you think I was yeshivish? I disagree with some things about that community, as well, namely people not working. But that's not nogeah here and now. We're a right wing YU-type family.

Well, do your right wing YU rabbis have a problem with females in leadership positions?

rfeig613

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:08 am
gold21 wrote:
Well, do your right wing YU rabbis have a problem with females in leadership positions?

Yes, absolutely.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:12 am
rfeig613 wrote:
Yes, absolutely.
you can say that 100% about ALL YU rabbanim?

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:12 am
rfeig613 wrote:
Yes, absolutely.

Which Rabbis, if I may ask?

rfeig613

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:19 am
gold21 wrote:
Which Rabbis, if I may ask?

Rav Willig, Rav Schachter, Rav Kahn, Rav Shulman, Rav Simon, Rav Sobolofsky

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:33 am
rfeig613 wrote:
can you tell me the first names of some of these rabbanim? I have heardof the first two, and Rav Simon, but who are the other ones?

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:42 am
There are plenty of women in positions of leadership at YU.
Including the dean of the law school, the dean of the arts & sciences school, and the dean of the school of social work.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 5:26 am
youngishbear wrote:
I'm beginning to think s/he is a deliberate caricature, designed to mock the alt-right perspective.

Or something.

"Poe's law is an Internet adage which states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extreme views will be mistaken by some readers or viewers as sincere expressions of the parodied views."

treestump

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 5:51 am
rfeig613 wrote:

I loathe feminism. I think it's anti-Judaism and an evil blight on the world. I oppose the idea of a female president, just as I oppose the idea women should be involved in anything clergy. No surprise that the liberals in JOFA and related organizations agitated against Trump. Aderaba, over 70% of YU, including Stern, voted for Trump in a mock election, and over 80% of Lakewood and Boro Park went for Trump. I think it's fair to say that frum who didn't vote for Trump are being poresh min hatzibbur.

I guess you don't have a bank account then, because it was the evil feminism which allowed women to have their own bank accounts, right?

And I guess you're mourning the days when an interviewer could tell you, "Sorry, we need a man for this position, ladies aren't good at this type of this job", irrespective of your talent and credentials, right? Or better yet - "Well, you're going to start having babies in a year or two, and we need dedication, so I'm sorry, you can't have this position." Oy lanu, look what evil feminism has done to to this world - gender discrimination is illegal! What an avlah!

And what wouldn't you do to reverse the West to a world where women wouldn't be accepted to law school or medical school because they were women? Where brilliant women would be told "Sorry, our quota of ten women per year is filled"?

And I'm sure you didn't vote this year or ever, because you know, feminism! Feminism is all about equal rights for women, and what bigger example of that is the fact that women can now vote?

Yes, life had so much more kedusha when women were property and not people.

The whole concept of women being submissive to the mercy of men - is a curse. It's the result of Chava's sin, and it's not an ideal - curses are very unideal by definition.

The fact that women are finally receiving basic rights and fair treatment is a cause for celebration, a sign that the world is getting better. It's tikkun olam, an indication that the curse is getting rectified.

Besides, much as you may loathe whatever you think feminism may be, you definitely do not loathe the basic freedoms you can take for granted today thanks to feminism. And the world for a woman before the rise of feminism - now let me assure you, the treatment of women then was definitely something to loathe.

rfeig613

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 2:01 pm
Feminism is no longer about ensuring equal treatment.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blo.....erica

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new......html

I believe we're far worse off than we were before feminism. Read Camille Paglia, Phyllis Schlafly, etc.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 2:09 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
you can say that 100% about ALL YU rabbanim?

No true scotsman.

'Nuff said.

princessleah

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 2:14 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

Since you're so entrenched in the YU world, I'm sure you know about Rav Soloveitchik, who founded a co-ed day school in Massachusetts, with mixed classes that continue to this day. And made sure the girls were learning gemara for two periods per day side-by-side with the boys.

And the fact that he gave a now-famous shiur in YU matiring learning Gemara for women because of the advances in education they had made in all other realms.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 2:17 pm
rfeig613 wrote:
I didn't discuss Obama's eligibility or whether he was born here. I think the whole thing is a big mystery but the damage has been done already.

I loathe feminism. I think it's anti-Judaism and an evil blight on the world. I oppose the idea of a female president, just as I oppose the idea women should be involved in anything clergy. No surprise that the liberals in JOFA and related organizations agitated against Trump. Aderaba, over 70% of YU, including Stern, voted for Trump in a mock election, and over 80% of Lakewood and Boro Park went for Trump. I think it's fair to say that frum who didn't vote for Trump are being poresh min hatzibbur.

Re your first paragraph, you missed my point but I won't elaborate.
Re your second, read this: http://www.mishpacha.com/Brows...../6691

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 2:20 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

And does your husband know you are online?

FTR, this is from p. 3.
And MY, you can say baruch shekivanti, we already covered this. Very Happy
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics