Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
After playgroup activities

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:11 pm
What exactly do u do with ur toddlers after they come home from playgroup... I have 3 little ones under the age of 5 and dont know what to do with them besides for turning on a video.... I know I cud do arts n crafts... But they r tired hungry and just gonna make a mess how does anyone stay sane... Help Sad

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:41 pm
depends on the kid. My older dd took a nap for a looong time, she needed it but then she was up late so I realize that might not work but I would say down time- think snack, listening to a story to decompress from playgroup. After nap we would often go to the playground.

gibberish

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:54 pm
Big snack and drink and then coloring, chalk, books, or another calming activity after a busy day.

Optione

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:56 pm
If they're tired and hungry, then address is as firebrick said- snack, books, audio book. We also have bins for spacial times. Ex: Monday take out puzzle bin, Tuesday duplo bin, etc. That can take up time. You can slap do one project that isn't messy. Ex: sheet of stickersey and they put it on paper, you put Dots of glue and they put on squares of colored paper, coloring sheets...

Writergirl

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 5:59 pm
My kids love when I turn on children CDs. Shmuel Kunda's Baruch series is excellent and very calming. It's on all afternoon in my house.

Coloring, sticker activities, duplo, and books keep my kids very occupied.

And yes, the house gets very messy and then we clean up!

Good Luck!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 6:03 pm
Take out a bin of toys every day after they come home. Vary it so it gets excitig. Like Monday clics...
Have them "help" you make supper
Turn on Morah Music- they can do exercize etc
Coloring books and crayons
Play doh
Portable easle to draw on
Stickers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics