Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do people hate Hillary?
1  2  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 5:37 am
Why do people hate Hillary?

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 5:46 am
What difference, at this point, does it make?

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 5:57 am
Reasons I've seen:

She's too establishment. (whatever that means)
Too much experience means that too many things/scandals have happened.
She's a woman. (I'm sure some people didn't vote for her because of that, say what you want)
She's not charismatic enough in public.
Not a great speaker.

But, in any case more voters wanted her then wanted Trump. They just lived in the wrong places. Your vote counts more if you live in Arkansas then in NY. Many people really hate Trump too.

The weirdest reason I heard today: Now we know that anyone can become president!!! Before you had to go to law school, become a senator etc for 30 years and THEN you could run for president. Look at trump! If he could do it anyone could!!!

(seems to me its a WHOLE lot more likely that "anyone" could go to law school and climb your way up in politics through sheer hard work, then be born a billionaire and use that money and one's celebrity status to run for president.)

Simple1

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 7:10 am
I still never got to the bottom of this. She definitely made mistakes. But there is bias on both sides, so how is it possible to know if she is really so terrible as some think she is.

I think it all started with people who thought she was too ambitious as a first lady.

I know it makes no difference now.

But I felt sooo bad for her. She tried so hard for this her whole life. And then suddenly, shockingly, without warning, failed to reach presidency.

It's like watching a tragedy unfold.

I know I'm alone in thinking this way. The people I know are thinking good for her, she deserves it.

animeme

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 7:39 am
For many people, I think it is more recent. It's a combination of a few things. One, that she "deserved" through nomination, which came out of the idea that since she couldn't get the nomination for 2008, everyone should make sure she gets it for 2016. That fueled all the controversy with the Democratic Party making sure she beat Bernie. I think some of this even goes back to her moving to NY specifically so she could run for a prominent open Senate seat.

Two, a focus on voting for her because she's a woman, either to prove you're not against having a woman in the White House or to advance the cause. People who support Hillary have plenty of reasons for supporting her as an individual, not a woman. Isn't the point of feminism that you vote regardless of the candidate's gender, not to advance one that needs advancing? It felt a bit like affirmative action for the presidency.

Three, the typical "It's not the mistake that will get you- it's the cover up." It's the feeling that things are done with no regard for the people they effect, and that even the apologies were more like a "Yes, but..." . When she said, "What difference does it make?" at those hearings, that got a lot of people mad. Combined with reason number one, people got the impression that because she was due for her turn in 2016, too much was whitewashed to make sure nothing took her down before that.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 7:52 am
Chinagate, Travelgate, Lootergate, Whitewater, emails, among many other scandals.

I found it offensive that such a flawed woman was representing us all.

(Don't worry, I hated trump too!)

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 7:53 am
I didn't vote based on whether or not I liked a candidate on a personal level. I voted based on policy. Gender absolutely played no role. I couldn't care less if the president was a man, woman, or other. I do not like "big government", taxing the wealthy to pay for more programs, loose immigration laws, Obama care, pro abortion laws, or strict gun control laws. I don't like any of it. I didn't like Hillary's policies. This didn't play a role in my vote, but I also don't like that the media was so biased and pro Hillary and unfairly so. This was very obvious. I don't like the way many Hillary supporters are reacting to the fair results of this election. It's immature, disrespectful, and a disgrace to our democracy. I am embarrassed for them and happy not to be a part of it.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 8:02 am
DrMom wrote:

Rolling Laughter

youngishbear

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 8:07 am
Simple1 wrote:
I still never got to the bottom of this. She definitely made mistakes. But there is bias on both sides, so how is it possible to know if she is really so terrible as some think she is.

I think it all started with people who thought she was too ambitious as a first lady.

But I felt sooo bad for her. She tried so hard for this her whole life. And then suddenly, shockingly, without warning, failed to reach presidency.

I know I'm alone in thinking this way. The people I know are thinking good for her, she deserves it.

You are not alone. #I'mStillWithHer

(Language alert)

http://www.alternet.org/electi.....d-her

"And disliking Hillary has gone from a cottage industry to a mass marketing tool over the course of Clinton's nearly 40 years in the public eye.

Take, for example, the new book Unlikeable: The Problem With Hillary, "the perfect gift for a man who has everything and wants to give none of it up," Bee quipped.

"If you don't like how Hillary Clinton seems like a fake politician robot, here's how that happened. Spoiler alert: It was our fault," Bee revealed. "We created her by slowly tearing down a bad-*** feminist named Hillary Rodham."

The press viciously attacked her for keeping her name and failing to play the traditional role of politician's wife. "Does it concern you that you don't fit the image of a governor's wife?" Sam Donaldson asked her in 1979, shortly before blaming her for Bill Clinton's re-election loss.

Clinton did change her name and her look, dyeing her hair and fashioning herself like a stereotypical first lady of the South. "

This is a more thorough chronicle of the decades spent kicking the ground under her to create the appearance of a cloud of dust around her:

http://www.theatlantic.com/mag.....4976/

ETA: These are obviously biased depictions, but for me the fact that there was so much effort put into investigating and discrediting her for so many years is a direct counterpoint to media bias in her favor. After all, the media did her no favors by harping on scandals then and now.

Sadie

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 8:27 am
youngishbear wrote:
You are not alone. #I'mStillWithHer

(Language alert)

http://www.alternet.org/electi.....d-her

"And disliking Hillary has gone from a cottage industry to a mass marketing tool over the course of Clinton's nearly 40 years in the public eye.

Take, for example, the new book Unlikeable: The Problem With Hillary, "the perfect gift for a man who has everything and wants to give none of it up," Bee quipped.

"If you don't like how Hillary Clinton seems like a fake politician robot, here's how that happened. Spoiler alert: It was our fault," Bee revealed. "We created her by slowly tearing down a bad-*** feminist named Hillary Rodham."

The press viciously attacked her for keeping her name and failing to play the traditional role of politician's wife. "Does it concern you that you don't fit the image of a governor's wife?" Sam Donaldson asked her in 1979, shortly before blaming her for Bill Clinton's re-election loss.

Clinton did change her name and her look, dyeing her hair and fashioning herself like a stereotypical first lady of the South. "

This is a more thorough chronicle of the decades spent kicking the ground under her to create the appearance of a cloud of dust around her:

http://www.theatlantic.com/mag.....4976/

ETA: These are obviously biased depictions, but for me the fact that there was so much effort put into investigating and discrediting her for so many years is a direct counterpoint to media bias in her favor. After all, the media did her no favors by harping on scandals then and now.

The last name section of this video is infuriating. The Xmas tree section is heartbreaking.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 8:34 am
Raisin wrote:
Reasons I've seen:

She's a woman. (I'm sure some people didn't vote for her because of that.)

While I agree with you that there are some people who may have voted against her consciously or subconsciously because she is a woman, there are many people that also voted for her because she is a woman and they wanted to see the first woman president in office.

leah233

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 9:08 am
Simple1 wrote:

Yes it was her behavior as a first lady that got so many people to hate her. It wasn't just her being a feminist but her sneering condescension of non-feminists that really ticked people off. I didn't forget e.g. her "I could have stayed home and baked cookies" comments or that when Chelsea Clinton needed parental permission at school she told them "Call my dad (the president) my mom is too busy (for this)"

It didn't help her that wherever she went afterwards scandals and controversy followed her.

That said hearing her concession speech I really felt sorry for her. For the first time ever.

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 9:32 am
amother wrote:
While I agree with you that there are some people who may have voted against her consciously or subconsciously because she is a woman, there are many people that also voted for her because she is a woman and they wanted to see the first woman president in office.

Not enough. Most white women voted for trump.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 9:38 am
Personally, 1. She created many new problems with her foreign affairs policy when she was secretary of state. If someone is not doing a good job you dont promote them.
2-she's full of secrets and lies. From her emails to play to play, she has blindfolded the American public.
3. She is too scripted and has a mouth bigger than her brain. She comes across as if the election was all about her.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 9:53 am
I voted for Trump as did most family members. Dh actually voted for Hillary. I hate Trump but I hate her way more. I really cannot stand her.
She lies lies lies and lies and keeps getting away with it.
She is pro Palestine and pro muslim brotherhood etc.
When Israel had tragedies recently she didn't say one word about it. Trump did make a mournful statement on social media
She is pro abortion and pro same relations marriage. Those are not my beliefs.
She has the Fbi and all of the big people in her back pocket
She is full of corruption
Gender doesn't mean anything to me. The same way I look for a good dr based in his expertise and qualities I look for the candidates when I vote
I wanted to see whet a huge fuss her liberal voters will make if she loses. And guess what? They are throwing tantrums all over social media and on the street. They can't handle losing
Bash me all you want. You asked why we hate her. This is my personal response.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 9:56 am
DrMom wrote:

Applause

youngishbear

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
Personally, 1. She created many new problems with her foreign affairs policy when she was secretary of state. If someone is not doing a good job you dont promote them.
2-she's full of secrets and lies. From her emails to play to play, she has blindfolded the American public.
3. She is too scripted and has a mouth bigger than her brain. She comes across as if the election was all about her.

This is the kind of statement that makes me feel like I fell through the looking glass.

Do you not see how wrapped up in himself Trump is?

I might disagree with your other concerns, but at least the facts you base it on are unique to her. How can people point to a flaw of hers when he has the very same flaw, magnified exponentially?

And how can the same quality be a positive one day and a negative the next, based on the person doing it?

Trump supporters: Hillary is too scripted.

Trump supporters: Take that, liberals! Donald used a teleprompter yesterday! He WILL make a great president, after all!

Scratching Head

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 10:52 am
Raisin wrote:
Not enough. Most white women voted for trump.

Source?

I would like to think most people did not make their decision based on gender. There were plenty of other reasons people voted for trump than for the sole fact that he was a man and she was a woman.

I'm a white woman who voted Trump simply because I didn't like Hillary's politicies and I prefer Trump's. I didn't like Obama's policies either, however, when he won twice, I didn't throw a sh*t fit and cry in the streets. I accepted him as my president and gave him a fair chance both times.

Give me a woman that shares my political views, and I would vote for her in a heartbeat.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 10:57 am
Simple1 wrote:

I asked the same question way before Election Day, and to be honest I never got an answer that really made sense to me, since many of the complaints about her are about her as a person, not her policies (which admittedly have changed over time) and Donald trumps personality and ethics are just as bad if not worse. You are hardly the only person disappointed for her and at the result of the election.

I still maintain that there was a strong sense of "she's too ambitious" which people love in a man (e.g. Trump) but are uncomfortable with in a woman.

gold21

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 10:59 am
I don't hate her at all.
She seems very intelligent and well spoken.
I don't agree with many of her policies but as a person she is impressive.

But- she is in cahoots with the media and the establishment, which made me very unhappy with her as a candidate... She seems like someone who may be more talk than action (aka a typical politician).... And if Human Abedin is who she chooses as her closest aide.... That is very worrisome.

Last edited by gold21 on Fri, Nov 11 2016, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics