Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Sleepovers

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 7:12 am
My dd is ten years old. I don't love when she goes to friend's for sleepovers, or having her friends sleep here, because they end up going to sleep so late, still waking up early, and the next day she's generally a grouch. However, I would like some input on what's reasonable. What time would you insist, that there's no more talking? I guess, I'd rather have her friends sleep here, since then at least I'm in charge, and I do enjoy, in general having my kids' friends over. What would you suggest I do with them, if it's at my house, that's fun? What kind of food? Thanx.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 10:50 am
I only allow sleepovers on non-school nights, so that they can sleep in the next day, and catch up with an earlier bed-time the next night.

Funny, but I'm having my two nieces over for Shabbos - DD is 8, and one niece is a day older than her, and the other is 9.....wonder what I'm in for tonight? Smile I'm hoping they go to bed by 10 or so.

Tomorrow night, I plan on baking pizza with them and roasting marshmallows. They can play whatever games they choose out of our playroom - I don't get so involved with the entertainment. They can do that themselves.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 6:02 pm
Thanx. I also only allow sleepovers when there's no school the next day. What time do you think is reasonable that I tell my dd and friend lights out? And what time no talking? Thanx

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:39 pm
Anyone?

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:54 pm
lights out at 11, no more talking after midnight?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children