Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O Disrespecting America...Your Thoughts? Amother Enabled
Previous  1  2  3  Next

youngishbear

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 7:18 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
In all fairness, when I said that people who sit during the anthem should leave the country, it never occurred to me that there is actually anyone on this site that would do that.

I think that just about sums up a lot of our misunderstandings and presumptions. We often can't imagine things we haven't experienced or seen up close.

When I hear Jews expressing racism, I know that when they would have a giyores next door, they would learn that a lot of their stereotypes are just wrong. That's when they would care enough to open their minds.

I think that being willing to hear the other perspective makes the world a better place.

Laiya

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 8:02 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I think that just about sums up a lot of our misunderstandings and presumptions. We often can't imagine things we haven't experienced or seen up close.

When I hear Jews expressing racism, I know that when they would have a giyores next door, they would learn that a lot of their stereotypes are just wrong. That's when they would care enough to open their minds.

I think that being willing to hear the other perspective makes the world a better place

On another note, this is exactly what I like about imamother!

groisamomma

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 8:17 pm
youngishbear wrote:

I think that being willing to hear the other perspective makes the world a better place.

My beliefs and opinion on this topic are not coming from a place of ignorance; on the contrary, it comes from being educated about the rest of the world. The environment in which I spend most of my day dispelled pretty much every stereotype I was taught. Contrary to popular belief on this site, "willing to hear the other perspective" does not mean having to agree with it. At all.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 8:30 pm
groisamomma wrote:
My beliefs and opinion on this topic are not coming from a place of ignorance; on the contrary, it comes from being educated about the rest of the world. The environment in which I spend most of my day dispelled pretty much every stereotype I was taught. Contrary to popular belief on this site, "willing to hear the other perspective" does not mean having to agree with it. At all.

I learned a lot this week by listening to people explain why they voted for Trump. It was frustrating, and I don't agree with the decision, and in some ways I am even more confused but it helped.

marina

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:39 pm
I'm not a nationalist at all. Love America and proud of our constitution. I do stand up for the pledge and flag, but only do it out of a sense of obligation. It is always weird to me.

I don't think the lives of civilians elsewhere are worth less than the lives of Americans here. I could have easily been born somewhere else. There but for the grace of god. It really bothers me when people talk about the cost of war by referencing only how many American soldiers were killed. As if everyone else doesn't matter.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by nationalist.

marina

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:21 pm
flag burning is totally different to me than Westboro Baptist Church.

The latter calls people faggots and tells them that God hates them because they are Jews or gays or whatever.

People who burn the flag are having some sort of weird tantrum, like when my kid is angry so she tears up her birth certificate?

rfeig613

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:28 pm
marina wrote:
I'm not a nationalist at all. Love America and proud of our constitution. I do stand up for the pledge and flag, but only do it out of a sense of obligation. It is always weird to me.

I don't think the lives of civilians elsewhere are worth less than the lives of Americans here. I could have easily been born somewhere else. There but for the grace of god. It really bothers me when people talk about the cost of war by referencing only how many American soldiers were killed. As if everyone else doesn't matter.

Nationalism- patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts

A nationalist is one who wants their country to succeed and who believes in the sovereignty of their nation-state.

I care about my country primarily. I care about Israel, too, of course.

You salute our flag. Period. We're not J's Witnesses.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:33 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

A nationalist is one who wants their country to succeed and who believes in the sovereignty of their nation-state.

Heil much?

rfeig613

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:47 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Heil much?

That's a horrific and unjustified thing to say. It's an insult to the memory of the kedoshim and an insult to my family, many of whom fought in WW2.

gold21

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:47 pm
marina wrote:

Do you follow professional sports? The Cubs fans wore Cubs jerseys and cheered for the Cubs players because they felt passionate about their team. When the Cubs won, by default that means that the Indians lost, and that all the Indians fans were feeling sad, angry, and frustrated. Still, the Cubs fans cheered on their own team.

Yes, if their lives had taken a different path, these people could they have been living in Cleveland and been Indians fans.... But they were living in Chicago and they therefore chose to passionately support their team.

(P.S. That's why I don't like watching professional sports... Cuz someone has to lose :-( )

Last edited by gold21 on Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

marina

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:54 pm
gold21 wrote:
Do you follow professional sports? The Cubs fans wore Cubs jerseys and cheered for the Cubs players because they felt passionate about their team. When the Cubs won, by default that means that the Indians lost, and that all the Indians fans were feeling sad, angry, and frustrated. Still, the Cubs fans cheered on their own team- yes, if their lives had taken a different path, could they have been living in Cleveland and been Indians fans.... But they were living in Chicago and they therefore chose to passionately support their team.

I live in Cleveland and am an Indians fan, I guess, but was pretty happy for the Cubs when they won, because they hadn't won in a century prior. Also taught my kids to do the same.

Not sure what this means or how it's related.

gold21

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:55 pm
marina wrote:
I live in Cleveland and am an Indians fan, I guess, but was pretty happy for the Cubs when they won, because they hadn't won in a century prior. Also taught my kids to do the same.

Not sure what this means or how it's related.

Really? You don't see the parallel?

marina

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:56 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

I dk about any of this, much less what the Witnesses have to do with it.

I want my country to succeed, as everyone who lives here does. Of course I believe in the government's authority to govern. I care about my country and about Israel and about the rest of the planet too. Your definition is too vague to be meaningful.

gold21

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:57 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Heil much?

Sigh.

And there goes the ridiculous Holocaust references....

marina

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:57 pm
gold21 wrote:
Really? You don't see the parallel?

Are you trying to say that my sense of "them" v. "us" is not a sharp as it is for some other people?

That may be true, but I don't see why that's a bad thing at all. I think it's fine.

gold21

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:01 pm
marina wrote:
Are you trying to say that my sense of "them" v. "us" is not a sharp as it is for some other people?

That may be true, but I don't see why that's a bad thing at all. I think it's fine.

Yeah.

marina

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:05 pm
Is that it, though? Nationalism in one sentence? Us v Them?

If so, I mostly have no use for it. Maybe once in a while.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:18 pm
marina, what's your point in all this?

rfeig613

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:22 pm
gold21 wrote:
Sigh.

And there goes the ridiculous Holocaust references....

The cheapening of the Holocaust by the left is unparalleled. It's horrific and they get a free pass somehow.

It's like the racism charge thrown at Republicans. I donated to at least 12 campaigns this year where the candidates were minority Republicans. I believe firmly in Jewish Republicans such as Governor Greitens of MO, Dr. Phil Rosenthal (who courageously took on Jerry Nadler over the Iran Deal), Malka Shahar, Beverly Goldstein (who ran against a corrupt Dem incumbent in OH), Lee Zeldin, and Rebecca Harary, but also in Ramona Johnson (who ran against Helene Weinstein locally), Darryl Glenn (the racist white liberals of CO voted against this black man), Lester Chang and Bryan Jung, Danniel Maio (who ran against Grace Meng), Daby Carreras, Tony Evans, Senator Tim Scott, Elbert Guillory, Will Hurd, Lori Bartley (who took on Sheila Jackson Lee, ys), Rey Gonzalez, and others. The leftist media never reports on these campaigns because it throws a wrench in their smear campaign.

Meanwhile, these protests and the entire left wing is funded by George Soros, the Nazi collaborator and Judenrat Kapo.

Deep

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:27 pm
rfeig613 wrote:
The cheapening of the Holocaust by the left is unparalleled. It's horrific and they get a free pass somehow.

It's like the racism charge thrown at Republicans. I donated to at least 12 campaigns this year where the candidates were minority Republicans. I believe firmly in Jewish Republicans such as Governor Greitens of MO, Dr. Phil Rosenthal (who courageously took on Jerry Nadler over the Iran Deal), Malka Shahar, Beverly Goldstein (who ran against a corrupt Dem incumbent in OH), Lee Zeldin, and Rebecca Harary, but also in Ramona Johnson (who ran against Helene Weinstein locally), Darryl Glenn (the racist white liberals of CO voted against this black man), Lester Chang and Bryan Jung, Danniel Maio (who ran against Grace Meng), Daby Carreras, Tony Evans, Senator Tim Scott, Elbert Guillory, Will Hurd, Lori Bartley (who took on Sheila Jackson Lee, ys), Rey Gonzalez, and others. The leftist media never reports on these campaigns because it throws a wrench in their smear campaign.

Meanwhile, these protests and the entire left wing is funded by George Soros, the Nazi collaborator and Judenrat Kapo.

Are you for real?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics