Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Donald Likes Being the President-As Much as You Like That

treestump

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 2:12 pm
One bright spot in this post election apocalypse for those who dread seeing Trump as president.... He appears to be dreading it as much as you do!

These pictures of him in the White House provide some comfort - he aint enjoying it anymore than we are...

http://theconcourse.deadspin.c.....lflow

youngishbear

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 7:23 pm
Noooo....

I don't want his term to be a disaster, in objective terms. His failure is our failure.

My disappointment about this election has more to do with the damage he has already wrought, and the negative message that carried the day.

Going forward, I wish him all the best, and lots of help and wisdom from Above.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016.....19G=c

"What I do know for certain is this: The Republican Party and Donald Trump will have control of all the levers of government, from the courts to the Congress to the White House. That is an awesome responsibility, and it is all going to be on them. Do they understand that?

Personally, I will not wish them ill. Too much is at stake for my country and my children. Unlike the Republican Party for the last eight years, I am not going to try to make my president fail. If he fails, we all fail. So yes, I will hope that a better man emerges than we saw in this campaign."

Maya

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 7:33 pm
I saw one of those photos with a caption along the lines of "the face of someone who just wanted to have some fun but is suddenly finding himself responsible for the welfare of 300 million people."

youngishbear

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 7:35 pm
Maya wrote:
I saw one of those photos with a caption along the lines of "the face of someone who just wanted to have some fun but is suddenly finding himself responsible for the welfare of 300 million people."

I had this thought last week that he's like the kid who throws a tantrum that he wants to taste that wine the adults are all enjoying... and then he will spit it out when he sees what it really tastes like.

But again, this brings me no joy.

Maya

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 7:38 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I had this thought last week that he's like the kid who throws a tantrum that he wants to taste that wine the adults are all enjoying... and then he will spit it out when he sees what it really tastes like.

But again, this brings me no joy.

Me neither. Because there's no way to reverse it, even if it's all true.

Dandelion1

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 8:55 pm
I won't say who I supported for president (if anyone) because I don't think it's relevant to my comment, but that is the stupidest most pointless and unsubstantiated article (?) I have seen. He looks how? What? She knows how he is feeling from a random bunch of pictures of his face?

sequoia

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 8:59 pm
He never intended to win, I think. This is probably the oddest part of this whole thing.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:23 pm
Regardless of whom this writer roots for, she comes across as crass. I don't believe Hillary herself would appreciate her choice of words at all. Why not articulate these same thoughts in a classier way?

Maya wrote:
Me neither. Because there's no way to reverse it, even if it's all true.

Google for more info on the Electoral College in December. It isn't as clear cut as we would like to believe.

bluebird

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:44 pm
I'm not a fan of Trump, but since those are mostly posed photos I gotta say that my facial expression probably looked like that toward the end of the photography marathon for my wedding. Smile There's only so much posing for the camera one can really do before desperately wanting to be anywhere else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics