Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood high school please list
1  2  3  Next

amother
White

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 6:19 pm
Can someone help me with information about the Lakewood high schools.

I'm looking for a high school with a very good name and high academics but the girls still have fun and extra curiculars.

What is the right high school for me? Thanks so much.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 10:52 pm
High academics:oros
Bais Yaakov
My daughter is in Shiras Devorah .So far so good.
It's important to make sure your daughter is coming from an elementary school that had high academic standards and that she kept up well. Otherwise you may be setting yourself up for 4 years of hard work. Homework can take hours each night ....

I spoke to a high school teacher in town and she told me that she feels the girls in Bais Kaila are the happiest. There 's a positive environment and nice extra curriculars. I'm not sure about the academic part.

Good luck!

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:18 am
Pretty much all the schools are good. Each one is a bit different.

Bais Yaakov
Bais Shaindel
Meon Bais Yaakov
Oros
Shiras Devorah
Bais Kaila
Bnos Bais Yaakov
Yesodos Bais Yaakov
Bais Leah (chasidish)

Supposedly, Oros has the best academics, Bais Yaakov is the most elite, Bais Shaindel and Meon are the frummest, Bais Kaila is the happiest, Shiras Devorah is striking a bit of a balance, and BBY is under excellent new leadership. Yesodos also has good academics.

Most of that is rumors and reputation. Some of it I know first hand. Ultimately its about a good fit for your daughter and the ability to get in. Good Luck

amother
White

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:34 am
Can anyone tell me anything about Oros besides for academics. What types of families send there and how is extra curricular there?

joystock

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:24 am
Oros has a nice mix of families. More on the yeshivish side, but not ultra yeshivish like bais shaindel or maon. They have high academics, but also have different tracks.... Extra curricular is great. My daughter is really happy there. I hear great things about bais Kaila too, but not high on the academics. If that's what you're looking for then Oros may be a better fit for u. Hatzlacha

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 9:45 pm
different poster here:

which of these are chassidisch?
where do they belong?

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:54 am
Bais Leah is for chassidish girls. Many come from Bais Rochel elementary. There may be another chassidish high school but not sure.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 4:28 am
Ateres Yisroel is Bnos Binah's high school, and very chassidish. Bais Leah is also chassidish, but more to the heimish side compared to Ateres Yisroel. They also have higher academics. Ateres Yisroel is supposed to be warm.

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 6:59 am
Which HS is on top of Kesser BY?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:16 am
What hs would be recomended if im not looking for pressure but want them to learn and have a nice mix of girls. not too yeshivish but not to much the other way either. someting in the middle . most important is it should be a happy place. I dont think that I want bais kaila..
Tyia

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:18 am
amother wrote:
What hs would be recomended if im not looking for pressure but want them to learn and have a nice mix of girls. not too yeshivish but not to much the other way either. someting in the middle . most important is it should be a happy place. I dont think that I want bais kaila..
Tyia

You are pretty much describing Bais Kaila. What are your hesitations re: sending to BK?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:19 am
amother wrote:
Tyia

BBY might fit that criteria, though I don't know that much about it since the change of management.

From what I hear about Yesodos that might fit the bill.

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 1:55 pm
Can someone explain to me what type of parents send to Oros? Like the girls come from what elementary school?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
Can someone explain to me what type of parents send to Oros? Like the girls come from what elementary school?

Everywhere in town. Alot from Bais Faiga, since it's the biggest school. And then everywhere else.

I think joystock did a good job describing Oros.

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 6:06 pm
Which school is not very materialistic but the girls are still in style and have nice things and the school is okay if families go on vacations?

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 6:47 pm
amother wrote:
Which school is not very materialistic but the girls are still in style and have nice things and the school is okay if families go on vacations?

You really have to define your terms here. What do you mean by "not very materialistic"? Do you mean they only have one Prada bag, or do you mean they only wear hand-me-downs? Everyone has a very different standard.
When you say "it's ok if the families go on vacations..." for some people, that falls into the category of "very materialistic".

I think you need to be very specific here.

zohar

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:04 pm
debsey wrote:
Which HS is on top of Kesser BY?

Kesser BY only goes up to fourth grade, but I imagine that if that's the crowd you like, Bais Leah is your best bet.

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:05 pm
zohar wrote:
Kesser BY only goes up to fourth grade, but I imagine that if that's the crowd you like, Bais Leah is your best bet.

I had to drop off a package to Kesser BY and I saw HS girls outside. Just wondering which school it is.

zohar

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:14 pm
debsey wrote:
I had to drop off a package to Kesser BY and I saw HS girls outside. Just wondering which school it is.

Oh. No clue then.

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:24 pm
I'm looking for a school where girls care how they look and so do mothers. It doesn't have to be expensive clothing. I don't want a school where the mothers are run down if you know what I mean. And I want positive happy girls and a school with a positive attitude.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics