Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Update on Huma Abedin- Immense sadness and disappointment
Previous  1  2  3  Next

moonstone

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:41 am
I'm supposed to care about her... why? I'm pretty sure if our roles were reversed, she wouldn't be giving me a single thought.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:21 pm
moonstone wrote:
I'm supposed to care about her... why? I'm pretty sure if our roles were reversed, she wouldn't be giving me a single thought.

I have no idea if she would give me a thought or not but why is that relevant?!!?

My heart breaks for her because she is a human being who is going through something tremendously painful and difficult.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:25 pm
moonstone wrote:

Empathy is not tit-for-tat. If you consider her evil, I can see why you wouldn't feel sorry for her.

But it is sad to watch a human being in pain.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:32 pm
So sad that so many Americans are unemployed.
MAGA!

moonstone

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:49 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Empathy is not tit-for-tat. If you consider her evil, I can see why you wouldn't feel sorry for her.

But it is sad to watch a human being in pain.

I never said I thought she was evil. She's simply irrelevant to me. I don't care about her one way or the other.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:51 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
You know, when I hear of this I feel an immense sadness and disappointment for Anthony Weiner, for going through life with his Judaism obviously being so meaningless, that his name will always be linked with scorn and chillul Hashem. I'm sad because one wonders how such potential ended up where it did. I guess it's natural for this sadness to spill over onto those who were so immediately impacted.

He seems to be the poster child for SA, nothing to do with religion.

debsey

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 1:37 pm
Oh, please! Kach Yiplu Kol Oyvecha Hashem. I voted for Hilary, but my biggest reservation in voting for her was the influence an anti semite like Huma Abedin had on her. I have no sympathy for the woman. I do feel bad about the fact that Hilary is probably not going to answer for breaking the law, but Huma will probably not dodge bullets in the same way. Justice should be just. If one goes down, they both should.

I will spare not a tear or an ounce of sympathy for her.

Miri7

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:22 pm
The woman has had a brutal month. Her marriage has been a very public disaster. A lot of the campaign staff will be in tears. They've been working around the clock for months. Campaigns are all consuming and its normal to feel immense disappointment. Huma will be fine. She will have plenty of opportunities for work. I think this article is really lame - it's making something out of nothing. People around the country are crying over the election results, so her crying is a non-story to me.

And I don't get the anti-Semite part. She seems to have distanced herself from that pretty well. Including marrying a Jewish guy.

Anyhow, I'm not going to worry about her. I'm sure she will be just fine.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:37 pm
Of all the things on my mind, Huma Abedin's employment prospects are so far down on the list I really don't expend much energy thinking about it.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:43 pm
debsey wrote:
Oh, please! Kach Yiplu Kol Oyvecha Hashem. I voted for Hilary, but my biggest reservation in voting for her was the influence an anti semite like Huma Abedin had on her. I have no sympathy for the woman. I do feel bad about the fact that Hilary is probably not going to answer for breaking the law, but Huma will probably not dodge bullets in the same way. Justice should be just. If one goes down, they both should.

I will spare not a tear or an ounce of sympathy for her.

She married a Jew. How much of an antisemite could she be?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:
He seems to be the poster child for SA, nothing to do with religion.

It would be nice if everyone saw things that clearly.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
It would be nice if everyone saw things that clearly.

That doesn't mean that what he did wasn't a chillul hashem. I just don't know if being brought up religious would have helped.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:33 pm
amother wrote:
That doesn't mean that what he did wasn't a chillul hashem. I just don't know if being brought up religious would have helped.

You're absolutely right. I in no way meant to imply that and sorry to anyone who read it that way. I was just making a list of every tragic thing about his life. (And wonder who's guardian of his son. Nebach.)

debsey

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:34 pm
amother wrote:
oh, so some of her best friends are Jews? Liking a particular Jew and and being in favor of the annihilation of the Jews in general are not mutually exclusive.

debsey

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:38 pm
Duplicate post.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:44 pm
BTW, I suspect I'm speaking for more than a few people when I say that while we may have felt and expressed sadness or compassion, it's of the makkos type. Don't think we're losing sleep over it.

ora_43

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:

Before being married to him, or after?

(I hope I'm not going to hell for that being my first thought)

Seriously (and theoretically, because I don't know Huma Abedin at all), someone could have zero problems with Jews (or hispanics, or blacks, etc) as individuals as long as they are the "right kind," but still be racist against Jews (or hispanics, etc) who are the "wrong" kind. As an extreme example there's even an Islamic Jihad terrorist with a Jewish wife (obviously, she doesn't practice Judaism or sympathize with the Jewish people... ).

It's unlikely, though.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:24 pm
debsey wrote:
oh, so some of her best friends are Jews? Liking a particular Jew and and being in favor of the annihilation of the Jews in general are not mutually exclusive.

Marrying someone is a whole different level than having "friends," as I'm sure you are aware. I think it would be very unlikely to marry someone who is open about belonging to a group you want to "annihilate."

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:31 pm
amother wrote:
Marrying someone is a whole different level than having "friends," as I'm sure you are aware. I think it would be very unlikely to marry someone who is open about belonging to a group you want to "annihilate."

Depends how little it matters to him.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:37 pm
I can't imagine an anti semitic person would marry a Jew.

(doesn't mean she isn't anti Israel though, which is the modern form of anti semitism. Ie Jews are ok, as long as they don't get too uppity and start wanting their own state. That right is only reserved for xtians and Muslims.)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics