Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Research says People Change Their Sheets 4 Times a YEAR?
Previous  1  2  3

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:07 pm
Once a week and I shower nightly.

Personally, I think if you don't shower right before bed you should change them daily.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:33 pm
for all those concered about mites...
DONT make your bed first thing in the morning. Instead, fold the blanket halfway down, and if you can, open the shades and let the sunshine it, you will have healthier, more hygienic beds!
to your health!

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
for all those concered about mites...
DONT make your bed first thing in the morning. Instead, fold the blanket halfway down, and if you can, open the shades and let the sunshine it, you will have healthier, more hygienic beds!
to your health!

you should definitely do that, but it doesn't take the place of changing the sheets at least once a week.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:11 am
Another infrequent bed changer here. Maybe every 6 weeks or so? I grew up with a housekeeper and our linens were magically fresh and changed every 1 -2 weeks. I sometimes wish I could maintain that standard, but when both dh amd I work full time, have 4 kids, and no housekeeper, something will have to give. And many things have, among which is frequent linen changes. I'm happy to say that bh we rarely get ill (thank You Hashem) so I doubt our lack of extreme hygiene in the form of old linen is that unhealthy. Of course, if a kid has an accident the sheets are washed immediately. One day when I can afford cleaning help (which will come after we can pay full tuition, after we pay back all our student loans, after we update our kitchen) I'd love to have someone change my linens on a weekly basis. I'd even love to have a relaxing life where I have time to change linens on my own weekly. Until then...
But don't worry. Any guest gets fresh linen. Always. Full stop.

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 4:28 pm
I usually change it weekly. Occasionally, if I'm behind with cooking and cleaning for Shabbat I'll leave changing the linens til after the weekend so it'll be 10 days. The baby's sheet gets changed more frequently.
I have 3 kids and no cleaning help. I iron pillowcases (just me, DH and one child have) but don't iron sheets or duvet covers. Oh, and if anyone is using a blanket on top of the duet, that gets changed much less frequently.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics