Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many kids do you have? How many bedrooms?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
Why so many rooms?

If she can afford it then why do you care?
For some reason on this site one is meant to feel bad to be rich (and I'm definitely not rich!) instead of enjoying what they have worked for.
All the people who are squashing big families into tiny apartments get liked and those with big ones have to give 'din v'cheshbon' for it. Why??

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:13 pm
We have 3 bedrooms in regular use for our family of 9. 1 yo in my room, and then 2 in one and 4 in another...when my baby is ready to sleep apart from me, she will go with the 2: I have 2 beds and one empty crib in that room. The 4 person room has a bunk bed, one regular bed, and one crib mattress on the floor for my 3 yo who co-sleeps half the time with random siblings. I moved a dresser into a closet to make this space for him. We have one official guest room with 2 beds. One bedroom my husband uses as a study/office with a high riser and is additional guest space, and one tiny bedroom I use as an office. We're fine using 3 bedrooms for now.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:19 pm
4 kids, one on the way iyh . 7 bedrooms upstairs and 3 guest bedrooms downstairs ,and 1 very small housekeeper bedroom

tryinghard

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:26 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Manhattan. 1 child. Zero bedrooms. We live in a studio

I hope you don't mind my curiosity, but how does this work? What happens when your kid is sleeping, how do you do anything without waking him/her?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:27 pm
3 kids. 5 bedrooms plus one teeny one on the main floor. 4 bathrooms. Older 2 have their own room but won't sleep alone so share in one of them
Baby in my room. In the morning they all end up in my room so really can have a 1 bedroom apt. Lol

2 share a bathroom as a guest suite.

Water Stones

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:38 pm
One baby plus one coming.
Two medium size bedrooms one bathroom in a 3 apartment house.
Brooklyn

pesek zman

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:41 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I hope you don't mind my curiosity, but how does this work? What happens when your kid is sleeping, how do you do anything without waking him/her?

Not at all. She's in our walk in closet. There's w door (which is more symbolic than anything: it's hollow and we don't close it all the way) but this is all she's ever knows so she sleeps through everything (BH) as I trained her to

yksraya

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:47 pm
amother wrote:
If she can afford it then why do you care?
For some reason on this site one is meant to feel bad to be rich (and I'm definitely not rich!) instead of enjoying what they have worked for.
All the people who are squashing big families into tiny apartments get liked and those with big ones have to give 'din v'cheshbon' for it. Why??

I agree with you and disagree with you at the same time.
I agree post like hers are very judgmental and jealousy ridden, but to say "on this site" is by far not true. I'm sure there are enough ppl that are happy for her that she has 7 rooms and many ppl don't understand the 1-2 bedroom with tons of kids in each. There are many catagories of ppl on here and everyone has their own viewpoints.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:47 pm
amother wrote:
4 kids, one on the way iyh . 7 bedrooms upstairs and 3 guest bedrooms downstairs ,and 1 very small housekeeper bedroom

So 11 bedrooms. Wow! That must be nice. IH hope to have at least half of that someday. All of it would be great to.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:57 pm
This thread is fascinating. I live in a large city with very expensive real estate. The homes are all small. Most large families live on the ground floor of a plex with a finished basement for a total of 4-5 bedrooms. The really wealthy live in single family cottages with a total of 5-6 bedrooms. I guess suburban living allows for a lot more space. I have 3 bedrooms and baby #6 on the way. We are making plans to begin excavating and finishing our basement.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:58 pm
Lakewood, 8 BRs-5 on the second floor, 3 on the third floor.

7 kids living at home. 4 married, BH. master bedroom, and then 2 kids per room on the second floor, and one has her own room, which doubles as a guest room. The three rooms on the third floor serve as guestrooms.

sprayonlove

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 8:19 pm
Israel
1 child with one on the way
3 bedrooms

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 8:38 pm
Southern California
1 kid, 1 on the way
3 bedroom, 1 bath, very small house (less than 1200 sq feet)

1 bedroom is really small, it's currently the office/ computer/ tv room. Just fits a small couch, small desk/computer, tv and bookshelves. If needed it could be converted to a bedroom.

I really wish we had another bathroom.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 8:42 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Not at all. She's in our walk in closet. There's w door (which is more symbolic than anything: it's hollow and we don't close it all the way) but this is all she's ever knows so she sleeps through everything (BH) as I trained her to

What about when you have another?

2 kids in a 5 bedroom house, 3 upstairs and 2 in the basement.

sweetpotato

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 8:46 pm
I have two kids, one on the way. We have 3 bedrooms, though one room is very small and attached to another bedroom so we currently use it as my office.

Both kids seem to end up in my bed each night so we may as well have one bedroom!

Only 1 bathroom, which is sometimes the bigger problem.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 8:50 pm
6 kids k"h. 1 master bedroom and 4 kids bedrooms. I also have another bedroom in the attic for guests. I live in Monroe, NY.

BH, I'm so grateful for that.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
What about when you have another?

2 kids in a 5 bedroom house, 3 upstairs and 2 in the basement.

If (when) we are blessed with another we will most certainly have to move. Happy to have been able to make our current arrangement work as long as we have

Teomima

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 9:42 pm
3 kids, 3 bedrooms 1 and a half bathrooms. Two kids share one room, and the other is the baby's/storage, and dh and I in the smallest. But we're going to do some renovations within the next few years and that'll add a parents' suite.
Israel.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 10:17 pm
cnc wrote:
The secret is also the size of the bedrooms... there are some bedrooms that have room for exactly one bed and others that can fit 4 beds.

One bedroom is small. I found the perfect furniture that fits really well in a corner. The bunkbed is 30 inches and on the other side is a toddler bed.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 10:22 pm
4 kids and 5 bedrooms - we use 1 bedroom as an office/guest room. 2 girls close in age sleep together and each boy has his own room as there is a large age gap between them.

To the poster who says she has no clutter... where do you put your things? Do you throw out a lot? I love the clutter free look but I just can't get there. How do you do it? Am I accumulating things because I have space? Would I have less clutter in a smaller home?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics