Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many kids do you have? How many bedrooms?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 10:25 pm
Monsey. 7 bedrooms. 6 children kah

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 3:00 am
I live in Israel (small yishuv in the Gush) I have four kids - four bedrooms. We have three girls and a boy - so the kids occupy three bedrooms (older DS and DD have their own rooms, and younger DDs share a very large room). I could use another bedroom for guests if I had the option. However, I could most definitely fit another two or three kids in the house as it is now without feeling crowded at all.
I have family members who raised nine kids in a three bedroom apartment with very little common space, now THAT is crowded.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 3:14 am
amother wrote:
4 kids, one on the way iyh . 7 bedrooms upstairs and 3 guest bedrooms downstairs ,and 1 very small housekeeper bedroom

Just wondering how you utilize all these bedrooms, are they empty most of the time? Do you host a lot of people from out of town?
I know this sounds like a weird question and I would never ask if I knew you in person but since you are anonymous I'm going to go for it - do you plan on having a very large family?

slushiemom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 3:32 am
Israel, 3 kids, 5 bedrooms. My 2 boys used to share, but they are VERY different and really needed their own space, so we gave them each their own room last year and it's been so good for them. We use the last one as a guest room.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 4:28 am
Israel. 7 kids, 3 bedrooms. Building an extra bedroom (extension) soon be"H.

LisaS

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 5:26 am
6 kids, 6 bedrooms. One is a dedicated guest room, which my in-laws paid for so they have where to stay when they come to Israel. So we have the two girls in one room, three boys in the large bedroom, and oldest boy in his own room. Last room is a small office as I work from home.

I am very very thankful for the space and try to be generous about sharing it. (We let a few families store things by us for many years, and let out our guest room quiet often)

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 6:36 am
Kah - 4 kids, 2 kids bedrooms, one adult bedroom. Parisian area. Could have more in a more charedi or more popular area but I like here. Big apartment bh so that's all good, especially since the kids seem to end up all together on 10 square meter rofl

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 7:55 am
israel
1 toddler. 1 room. she sleeps in the hallway.

eschaya

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 8:42 am
4 kids, k'ah, 3 br currently (including ours). But just bought a house with 5 bedrooms, so we're excited to be able to have a dedicated guest bedroom. DD will also get her own br (she now shares with a younger brother) which is kind of important now that she's getting older.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 8:47 am
amother wrote:
4 kids and 5 bedrooms - we use 1 bedroom as an office/guest room. 2 girls close in age sleep together and each boy has his own room as there is a large age gap between them.

To the poster who says she has no clutter... where do you put your things? Do you throw out a lot? I love the clutter free look but I just can't get there. How do you do it? Am I accumulating things because I have space? Would I have less clutter in a smaller home?

I only have what is being used. I have one big closet for all the kids to share. Only fall/ winter clothes from this season is in it. Summer clothes are all in storage or given to a gemach. Toys that are not age appropriate are in the storage closet. All kids have their own prize bin. We go through it a few times a year. That is where all their junk goes. I have a shoe rack behind the door for shoes. I also have a small 3 teir pretty shoe holder in the corner of one bedropm. All shoes being used during the week go there. Summer headbands are also in storage. Winter headbands( for a few girls) are hanging on a headband stand( thanks Pintrest).

miami85

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 8:58 am
We live in a 1 bedroom with 3 kids (they sleep in the living room). We are TOO cozy. We're hoping to move soon (not soon enough), but very complicated situation right now and bigger dwellings are super expensive.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 9:03 am
Milan, Italy
3 kids, 2 bedrooms.
Baby sleeps in our room, other two share in what is the largest room of the house, also used as office and family/ play room.
We are currently trying to move to a bigger apartment with an extra bedroom.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 10:17 am
2 kids 3 bedrooms, 3rd one is a guest room/storage/home office.

Elizabeth W

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 10:32 am
5 bedrooms 4 kids

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 10:43 am
10 kids
3 bedrooms
Brooklyn

Roots

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 12:50 pm
3 kids Ka"h, 2 bedrooms.one for us and one for them.
Netanya

besty

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 1:05 pm
1 child two bedrooms

nywife

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 1:20 pm
2 bedrooms, no children. NY area.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 1:57 pm
amother wrote:
and where do you live?

I live in Brooklyn and have three kids in a two bedroom apartment.

May I understand why you are asking?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:50 pm
LisaS wrote:
6 kids, 6 bedrooms. One is a dedicated guest room, which my in-laws paid for so they have where to stay when they come to Israel. So we have the two girls in one room, three boys in the large bedroom, and oldest boy in his own room. Last room is a small office as I work from home.

I am very very thankful for the space and try to be generous about sharing it. (We let a few families store things by us for many years, and let out our guest room quiet often)

I wonder how this works when only one child gets his own room and the others share. Is there jealousy?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics