Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
New DNC chair is an anti-Semite

DrMom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:58 pm
There seems to be a lot of talk about anti-Semites in the US news these days, but relatively little air time is being devoted to the new DNC chair Keith Ellison.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/20.....-dnc/

Rep. Ellison is a frequent speaker at meetings of Hamas-affiliated CAIR, called Israel an "apartheid state," voted down funding Iron Dome during the wars with Gaza.

Just thought someone here might be interested in the new leader of the Democratic Party as it continues if radical leftward trajectory.

nylon

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 4:25 pm
He isn't actually chair of the DNC. he has been nominated. He got a prominent endorsement.

It's likely to be a messy race, so we don't know what will happen yet.

theotherone

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 4:29 pm
Isnt he muslim?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 4:38 pm
theotherone wrote:
Isnt he muslim?

Yes. Converted in college, raised Catholic.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 4:42 pm
Don't people proofread? "Anti-Israeli pranks"? (In the article linked by the OP.)

But Schumer should be ashamed of himself for supporting this guy. Let's hope he's not selected.

Miri7

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 5:12 pm
Everyone take a moment to write or call Schumer's office! I just did

Mevater

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 5:29 pm
"On a trip to Israel last summer, Ellison posted a photo of a sign in Hebron declaring Israel to be an apartheid state. He also proudly defended Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan against accusations of being anti-Semitic".

If the Democratic party allows this, theyll lose a large percentage of the Jewish vote! Bad move unless theyre now going for the Muslim vote and the very liberal Jews.

(212) 486-4430
Senator Charles E Schumer, Phone

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 6:01 pm
Mevater wrote:
"On a trip to Israel last summer, Ellison posted a photo of a sign in Hebron declaring Israel to be an apartheid state. He also proudly defended Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan against accusations of being anti-Semitic".

If the Democratic party allows this, theyll lose a large percentage of the Jewish vote! Bad move unless theyre now going for the Muslim vote and the very liberal Jews.

(212) 486-4430
why does it come up as senator Jon tester?

youngishbear

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 8:36 pm
Mevater wrote:

(212) 486-4430

I sent an email through his website.

I tried the phone number but it just rang with no answer.

https://www.schumer.senate.gov.....chuck

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 9:42 pm
Does Schumer have the power to sway the outcome of this nomination?

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:49 am
gold21 wrote:
Does Schumer have the power to sway the outcome of this nomination?

As far as I understand, Schumer is backing him.

Are the those of you here who supported the Democratic party concerned? Do you intend to back the DNC and support their policies if they become even more radically left-wing?

Just wondering...

ectomorph

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 8:41 am
I called. My impression has always been that Schumer was as Israel friendly as he has to be to be elected in NYS. I guess he's thrown his lot in with the growing Muslim community.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:08 am
I just heard Hugh Hewitt say that he has no issues with Ellison's color or religion but he's too radical. (Which we all seem to agree on.) Which makes me wonder: is this supposed to appeal to the disenfranchised Bernie left?
Meanwhile, Hewitt was gushing over Tim Ryan and hoping against hope that he doesn't become the face of the Democratic party. (Joke.)

rfeig613

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:16 am
I'm gloating here.

Let's get this straight: a Republican president-elect wants to appoint an advisor whose publication has defended Israel and Jews, whose vindictive ex-wife alleges he said something about Jewish kids being whiny (and this is unsubstantiated 100%, without any proof at all), and who is defended by the Zionist Organization of America, Alan Dershowitz, Shmuley Boteach, Joel Pollak, and others.

Democrats want to appoint someone who has been proven to hold anti-Israel and anti-semitic views (as the sign comment proves), who adheres to a religion calling for the death of Jews, and who is part of CAIR, an organization which even the United Arab Emirates labeled a terror group. They lost the election big time, and their way of getting even with the American people is by pulling a stunt like this, terrorizing our cities, rioting, sabotaging the president-elect, undermining everything he does, and pledging to disobey federal immigration laws.

Without law, there's tyranny. When the media and rioters threaten freedom of expression and freedom of thought, we're in an Orwellian parallel universe.

May G-d help us.

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:28 am
rfeig613 wrote:
I'm gloating here.

I'm not gloating.

I'm concerned about the indifference of the Democratic base to the increasing radicalization of their party's platform. Will Jews willing to follow a party led by a certified, undisputed anti-Semite?

Chuck Schumer is. What about the voters?

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:43 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I just heard Hugh Hewitt say that he has no issues with Ellison's color or religion but he's too radical. (Which we all seem to agree on.) Which makes me wonder: is this supposed to appeal to the disenfranchised Bernie left?
Meanwhile, Hewitt was gushing over Tim Ryan and hoping against hope that he doesn't become the face of the Democratic party. (Joke.)

The Democrats are presumably thinking "where did Clinton go wrong", and like you said, considering going in another direction, to appeal to the Bernie left. Which I think is a bad move, because then they lose all the moderates. It just makes me wonder if the DNC is really just a sad bunch of desperate politicians who care more about winning than they do about this country.....

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:44 am
DrMom wrote:
As far as I understand, Schumer is backing him.

Are the those of you here who supported the Democratic party concerned? Do you intend to back the DNC and support their policies if they become even more radically left-wing?

Just wondering...

Who else is backing him? Anyone have info?

rfeig613

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:47 am
DrMom wrote:
I'm not gloating.

I'm concerned about the indifference of the Democratic base to the increasing radicalization of their party's platform. Will Jews willing to follow a party led by a certified, undisputed anti-Semite?

Chuck Schumer is. What about the voters?

If Sadaam Hussein were the Democratic candidate, 80% of American Jews would support him, as long as he was pro-choice and pro-gay

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:07 pm
Did Ellison actually call Israel an apartheid state, or just post that photo?

I don't doubt that I disagree with him on Israel, and I don't want to see what his version of a fair and balanced approach to the Israeli-Arab conflict would look like. But I haven't seen anything yet to suggest he's an anti-Semite.

FTR I think anti-Israel crosses the line to anti-Semitic when:
- it includes opposition to Jewish nationalism and/or a Jewish homeland in Israel in and of itself.
- there's a blatant double standard between the treatment of Israel and of other countries in similar circumstances.
- there's a clear double standard in the way Israeli motives are viewed, as compared to Palestinian motives (eg Israelis are motivated by greed or racism, Palestinians are motivated by emotion).

IMO Ellison is actually somewhat better at avoiding that first double standard than many other democrats. He may criticize Israel when Palestinian civilians die, but he also criticizes America when Iraqi civilians die, so at least there's that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics