Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Cupcake Cones

myname1

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 3:44 am
I remember once seeing cupcakes made in flat-bottomed ice cream cones as an activity at a child's birthday party. I think the hostess just baked them right inside. Has anyone seen such a thing? I can't remember what the kids actually got to do though. I'm thinking chocolate and vanilla frosting to spread on and sprinkles and chocolate chips to decorate with, but anything else to make it more activity-like than just eating? I'm thinking to do it at a Chanukah party, so if you ave something creative related to that, even better. Thanks!

chanee

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:20 am
For ice cream cupcakes you will need a kind of stand made of metal to place the cones while it bakes with your cake mixture . they are probably sold in professional baking supply shops .

Teomima

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:38 am
chanee wrote:
For ice cream cupcakes you will need a kind of stand made of metal to place the cones while it bakes with your cake mixture . they are probably sold in professional baking supply shops .

Actually I think, if it's a flat-bottomed sugar cone, you just stand them in a muffin tin for baking.

OP, I don't know what else you could do with them other than letting the kids decorate and eat them, but kids can take a nice long time decorating cupcakes. Supply frosting, sprinkles, fondant, cookie crumbles, colored sugar, maybe even some chocolate gelt for the Chanukah theme.

animeme

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:42 am
You can also do cupcake decorating with regular cupcakes with fun liners, which I would suggest if the kids are pretty young (because the cone ones can tip). To bake in the cones, you can take a regular pan, cover it with foil, and cut holes in the top to put the cones in so they stand straight.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:56 am
You need to bake regular cupcakes, insert them into the flat bottomed cones upside down and then frost.
http://www.bettycrocker.com/re.....b9b7f

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 12:22 pm
I actually did find a recipe baking through cake directly in the cone.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec......html

myname1

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 1:42 am
Wow, you guys are amazing! Thanks so much for all the ideas and Good Shabbos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics