Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Q about moving furniture

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:45 am
We rented an apartment for a year.

The floors are shiny and new. Not that I asked for it, the landlord wanted to do it. I appreciate having this luxury. But most importantly I want to keep it that way, so that when we move out next year we can leave it in the same condition.

We are taking minimal furniture, mainly couches, our beds, and dressers. And table/chairs.

Is there something I can put on the bottom of the dressers, couches, beds, table, chairs, so that they do not cause scratches to the floor surface?

I worry the movers might cause damage to the new floors when they move our stuff.

tryinghard

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 8:01 am
Furniture glides. Many stores sell them, and they come in a range of sizes

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:34 am
The movers should be carrying the furniture, not schlepping it across the floor. IMO you should be more worried about keeping the floors scratch-free once you're living there.

You didn't mention it so I don't know if you've already done it, but put those little felt furnitire pads under every table leg and chair and anything that will get scraped across the floor while you live there.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:37 am
Oh and when DH and I move furniture around ourselves and therefore can't carry it and need to shlep, we put a furniture blanket we bought from Uhaul underneath the piece and push it wherever it needs to go. Doesn't scratch the floors.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 12:55 pm
crush wrote:
Oh and when DH and I move furniture around ourselves and therefore can't carry it and need to shlep, we put a furniture blanket we bought from Uhaul underneath the piece and push it wherever it needs to go. Doesn't scratch the floors.

This is helpful. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating