Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Starbucks

Esther16

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:05 am
Is there an updated list on which drinks are kosher? Including the seasonal drinks such as pumpkin spiced latte etc.

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:49 am
Ive always wondered that myself.

http://www.star-k.org/articles.....ucks/

Based on the above info, is a soy milk or almond milk latte in a disposable cup, ok?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:55 am
DH is chassidish, and he will drink a plain coffee in a paper cup at Starbucks. He's not big on the taste of soy milk, but he holds it's OK if you want it. You can always ask to see the bottle of flavoring. There will be an OU on the flavors that are approved. All the barristas are used to this, so don't feel silly to ask first.

Others hold that it is maris ayin to buy from Starbucks, because they also sell things that are treif. It's like you'd feel awkward buying a plain soda in a paper cup at McDonalds, and sit down to drink it there, or be seen with the cup if you take it out. How you feel about that is up to you, and your community.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:20 am
Mevater wrote:
Ive always wondered that myself.

Based on the above info, is a soy milk or almond milk latte in a disposable cup, ok?

only if you tell them to make it under 110 degrees

tigerwife

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:26 am
When ordering a latte, you can request for the barista to remove the shot divider before serving the espresso. I believe it is the only part that gets removed and can be washed with other treif dishes. An Americano is fine since the whole machine stays isolated.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 12:06 pm
there is kosherstarbucks.com but I'm not sure how updated they are. I think they update regularly.
the pumpkin seasoning is not kosher.
the milk is kosher but not cholov yisroel.
the soy milk and almond milk are kosher.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 12:23 pm
Another useful link on this topic

http://www.crcweb.org/starbucks_overview.php

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 1:33 pm
Are there hot drinks made on premises at Starbucks, other than plain coffee, that are acceptable by even stringent poskim?

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:13 pm
Mevater wrote:
Are there hot drinks made on premises at Starbucks, other than plain coffee, that are acceptable by even stringent poskim?

Yes. Read the link in the above post. I think there's a chart there.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:24 pm
The view of the OU is that no drinks should be purchased from a full service Starbucks which sells non-kosher food as they place the parts of their machines in the dishwashers with other utensils uses for nonkosher food. Starbucks kiosks which sell only coffee are another story. Please call them yourselves and do not rely on imamothers or websites that are not backed by rabbanim.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
The view of the OU is that no drinks should be purchased from a full service Starbucks which sells non-kosher food as they place the parts of their machines in the dishwashers with other utensils uses for nonkosher food. Starbucks kiosks which sell only coffee are another story. Please call them yourselves and do not rely on imamothers or websites that are not backed by rabbanim.

The CRC is a very respected kashrus organization.
Your assumption that they are not backed by rabbonim is absolutely incorrect.

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:51 pm
Kosher Starbucks is not backed by Rabbonim. I am assuming that is what the poster was referring to. The CRC is considered to be very machmir on this issue so if you are looking for that approach their chart is your best bet.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 3:24 pm
cnc wrote:
The CRC is a very respected kashrus organization.
Your assumption that they are not backed by rabbonim is absolutely incorrect.

I was referring to kosher Starbucks. The CRC can definitely be relied upon. It's best to call any of these kashrus agencies and speak with someone there. They can clarify many misconceptions and give you clear facts.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:44 pm
is starbucks brand of almomnd milk kosher? I didn't see a hechsher on container

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:55 pm
Star K just okayed certain frappuccinos

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 8:04 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Star K just okayed certain frappuccinos

They did? The frappucino base used to be non kosher. Do you have a link?

I'll be a very happy camper 😀

Mom23gs

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:21 pm

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:22 pm
cnc wrote:
They did? The frappucino base used to be non kosher. Do you have a link?

I'll be a very happy camper 😀

Take a look at their Starbucks chart

Personally, I am curious if the cRc agrees with them but I haven't had a chance to check it out.

SmileUrJewish

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 2:00 am
Oh my gosh that's crazy! I just wrote to them to confirm that it's truly true, as I just can't believe that frappucinos are now magically on the "ok" list.

Edited to add that kosherstarbucks.com also has those specific frappucinos listed as ok! http://www.kosherstarbucks.com.....ory/1

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 7:06 am
Thanks for the link... I keep CY - oh well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions