Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What time do you go to sleep?
1  2  Next

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:30 pm
I can't keep myself awake past 10 and that's late for me. I can easily conk out at 7:30-8:00 , sleep through the night until 6-7 in the morning. From reading posts I see that 12 am seems to be the norm. How do you do it? I can't function if I don't get a good 10-11 hrs of sleep

cbg

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:35 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I can't keep myself awake past 10 and that's late for me. I can easily conk out at 7:30-8:00 , sleep through the night until 6-7 in the morning. From reading posts I see that 12 am seems to be the norm. How do you do it? I can't function if I don't get a good 10-11 hrs of sleep

I'm the same way

Perfect sleep for me is 10-6.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:46 pm
Was anywhere between 11:30-12:30. Latelys my baby has been waking at 5:30, so I have been falling asleep at around 10:00. I usually get into bed between 9:00 and 10:00 and then watch till 12:00, but I've just been falling asleep instead.

Lizajen

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:55 pm
I wish I could have at least 8 hours of sleep, but life's too busy. I try to go to sleep at 11:30, and and wake up at 6:30. That's with a cup of coffee as soon as I wake up, and another in the early afternoon.

icebreaker

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:07 pm
Too late. 1, sometimes 2. and I have to be up at 6 Confused

Water Stones

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:13 pm
I sleep to my baby and dh time, so like 2 AM I go to sleep!

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:26 pm
I'm a night owl so I go to sleep really late. Sometimes I can be up till 4 am. Somehow I am the most productive and I get a surge of energy after 10 pm. I usually start my day at 10am or 11am, but In the morning I just don't get anything done. I'm always so jealous of the early risers.

Judy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 10:48 pm
Hearty appetite can we shake hands? I too am a late nighter- that's when I get everything done that I haven't done all day. IM useless in morning and if I wouldn't finish at night it would just never get done. However I'm wondering - do you get criticized for keeping such late hours? I am ALWAYS getting comments about how not normal I am and how I have to change ... no matter how much I explain this works for me and it's in my genes all my siblings are late nighters but I just can't seem to be accepted.

tichellady

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:01 pm
I need 8-10 hours of sleep a night. have always prioritized sleep over many things and will go to sleep rather than clean the house, make dessert for shabbos etc. I would rather sleep than watch tv or read a good book. I usually go to sleep around 10 and wake up around 6:30. I sleep more on weekends. if I don't sleep enough I have very severe abdominal pain and am extremely crabby

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:07 pm
Before I retired I got up at 4:30am and hopped a commuter van for an hour to work. Now unless I have a commitment I never set the alarm. It took almost two years for me to learn to sleep in.

ETA: I read a something many years ago that could be a truism, mothers' crave sleep like a starving person craves food. I remember those days.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:25 pm
Judy wrote:
Hearty appetite can we shake hands? I too am a late nighter- that's when I get everything done that I haven't done all day. IM useless in morning and if I wouldn't finish at night it would just never get done. However I'm wondering - do you get criticized for keeping such late hours? I am ALWAYS getting comments about how not normal I am and how I have to change ... no matter how much I explain this works for me and it's in my genes all my siblings are late nighters but I just can't seem to be accepted.

My husband is not to thrilled about my schedule and he is usually the one with the comments. However everyone else doesn't seem to care, if it works for me it works for them...

eschaya

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:29 pm
Midnight, on average. I get up at 7. But I work overnight 3 nights a week, so I'm often unable to fall asleep till 1 or 2. Then I still have to get up with the the kids at 7. Sometimes I go back to bed for a morning nap, but when I have a lot to do or want to try to get back on a night schedule I don't nap and then feel miserable. It's not healthy and I'm chronically tired.

mom2six

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 1:39 am
I go to bed anywhere between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. And I get up between 6 and 6:30.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 1:47 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
That would be their norm. You do whats right for your body?

Personally? I go to sleep way too late. I could easily be in bed by 9 every night, but somehow things need to be done and sometimes I actually conk out on the couch and wake up hours later and drag myself to bed.

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 1:54 am
I wish I could get into bed earlier....
Somehow it just never happens.
Normal bed time is between 1:00-3:00 am.

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 9:50 pm
Me too. I'm usaally exhausted by 10 and can fall asleep anytime . When I tell people what time I go to sleep they raise their brows in shock. Seems like it's not the norm to go to sleep early...

agreer

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:05 pm
I go to sleep between 10-11. I don't know how people stay up till midnight nightly.

My4Jewels

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:14 pm
I am so not a night owl. I am a morning person. But life just happens. And I stay up late to get things done that have to get done. I find I am exhausted all the time. I often get to bed at 11:30/12 sometimes later and wake up at 5. I often fall asleep on the couch while folding laundry.

skee

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 11:13 pm
icebreaker wrote:
Too late. 1, sometimes 2. and I have to be up at 6 Confused

Same here except that I don't have to be up until 6:30. I think it's hard to compare different people when it comes to this- different people have different sleep needs.

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 1:05 am
This is a tough one. I have a sleep disorder (DSPS) that makes my body's natural sleep cycle to be about 4am-noon. Obviously, as a mother of school-age children, this is not an option. My baby tends to wake for the day very early (5:30) so that's when my day begins. I'm chronically tired but still struggle to fall asleep before 11 at the earliest, even though I'm wiped. My body just isn't ready for sleep yet. And if I have things to do, it's easiest for me to be productive late at night.

As a result my body would ideally have 8-10 hours of sleep a night, but I've learned to be fully functional and productive on as little as 4 (on a regular basis, unfortunately).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics