Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kosher Supermarket opened in BP where Pathmark used to be
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 8:15 am
Its called Bingo.

How do prices compare to KRM? How does it compare in other ways to KRM?

gp2.0

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 8:22 am
It's costco style. Everything is sold in larger quantities or larger containers. No idea about pricing.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 8:31 am
gp2.0 wrote:
It's costco style. Everything is sold in larger quantities or larger containers. No idea about pricing.

So for any items that you don't need or want huge quantities of, you have to go to another supermarket?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 8:33 am
gp2.0 wrote:

Not everything is in large quantities. There are dips, dairy, produce, fruit platters and other things that are regular size like in other groceries.
The prices on certain things were incredible like a package of 2 complete sides of salmon, fruit platters etc... I'm not sure that they'll keep the prices because I'm in the food business and there's no way they are making a profit on specific items. Unless they're fine with not making profit on some items in order to attract customers who will make large orders.

rfeig613

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 9:03 am
It's a smart idea. Families in our community, ke"h, have many children, and with all those mouths to feed, you need to buy in bulk.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 9:44 am
Although KRM sale prices can be better than Bingo, the prices at BIngo are good compared to KRM's regular prices. Some prices I noticed while there include:
Mendelsohn's pizza $6.99
Amnon's pizza $7.99
A&B gefilte fish $5.99
Royal gefilte fish $3.99 (they were sold out when I was there)
1.5 dozen eggs $.99
Lotus cream $5
Graham pie crust $.99
Greek yogurts $1.19
Dozen lebens $8.99
Plastic cups $.79
Large Cascade powder $5.99
Lieber's apple juice $1.99
Nonstick frying pans starting at $2.99, depending on size
Their own label sandwich maker $7.99
12 pack Bissli $3.99
Tub of ice cream $5.99
4 lb sugar $1.99
Case Tradition soups $5.99
Blupantry (their label) peanut butter $1.99
Blupantry ketchup 2/$3
Two large Heinz ketchups 2/$5
Olay body wash $2.99
Cut up fruits $9.99
96 count box Crayola crayons $2.99
Kedem grape juice $3.99 (same as KRM)
2 lb bag of Blupantry pasta $1.19 (beats KRM's fantastic sale price this week of $.69 for 1 lb bag!)
Seems pretty good to me!

They don't carry everything. I wouldn't recommend you do your weekly shopping there, but as a once a month stock-up it's great. There is plenty of parking available in their lot.

Bakery is Stern's. Takeout is Hadar Geula. Butcher is Birdsboro.

Edited to add more details.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Fri, Nov 18 2016, 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

besty

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 9:52 am
I think its a great place to stock up on items that you could.......

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 10:19 am
It's a branch of the osher ad store in Israel they just changed the name to bingo

Mevater

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 10:20 am
How are the prices of chicken, meat and paper goods?

goforit

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 10:37 am
Mevater wrote:
How are the prices of chicken, meat and paper goods?

Chicken was $2.29 a lb. Ground meat $3.99 paper goods nothing major. Rosners much cheaper.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 10:55 am
Didn't pay much attention to those. Paper goods prices didn't really catch my eye- guess they weren't that great. I think I did notice Glad garbage bags for $14.99, and Arm and Hammer laundry detergent for $9.99. I did notice that the 100 count plastic cups for $.79 was significantly cheaper than their own label bulk pack.

Mevater

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 11:10 am
goforit wrote:
Chicken was $2.29 a lb. Ground meat $3.99 paper goods nothing major. Rosners much cheaper.

Everyone loves Rosners, but theyre smallish and crowded. Do all Rosners have more or less the same prices, or do they differ?

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 11:55 am
Rosners is more like a makolet than a supermarket, as of the last time I shopped there. I really liked it but I wouldn't do my big shopping there. Their prices tended to be on the low side of average for most things, but with really good sales outside and great prices of fruits and veggies, plus a few things you'd get to know had better prices than other stores. Correct me if that's changed.

What is Birdsboro butcher?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 12:01 pm
Apparently they're having a lot of promotional prices and things are bound to change but looks good so far!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 2:17 pm
Nice post Amelia Bedelia! Really comprehensive list.
Somebody just asked me if know what hechsher they have on prepackaged items like candy, nuts, does anybody know?

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 12:37 am
I meant to check it out today and I forgot.

How crowded was it?

What are their hours?

Why didn't I see advertisements anywhere about their grand opening and specials?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 1:38 am
It was packed today at around 6 PM. They were out of quite a few things such as squash, mushrooms , blueberries. I guess because there's no produce deliveries on Sundays and they didn't expect such a turnout.
The prices were very good and if they continue with this pricing - I think they'll be successful.

The takeout department was at least 25 percent cheaper than other places. dark chicken cutlets were 5.79 a lb- I usually pay between 7.19 and 7.99 . The quality of the meats was poor so I didn't buy.
The produce was much cheaper than other places 2.49 a melon instead of 3.99.
Fuji apples were 99 cents a lb.
Plastic containers were much much cheaper than other places.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
Nice post Amelia Bedelia! Really comprehensive list.
Somebody just asked me if know what hechsher they have on prepackaged items like candy, nuts, does anybody know?

The candy containers just had the name of the certifying Rabbi printed on it, along with the name of the candy, for example: "Eckstein".

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 12:37 pm
If anyone goes, please update us.

Do they deliver?

Hows the customer service?

Can you find things easily?

Do they sell any items that other supermarkets dont?

TIA

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 1:04 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
The candy containers just had the name of the certifying Rabbi printed on it, along with the name of the candy, for example: "Eckstein".

Thanks!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics