Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kosher Supermarket opened in BP where Pathmark used to be
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 1:17 pm
Mevater wrote:
If anyone goes, please update us.

Do they deliver?

Hows the customer service?

Can you find things easily?

Do they sell any items that other supermarkets dont?

TIA

AFAIK, they don't deliver, at least not yet.

Considering I wasn't a difficult customer to service, I didn't run into problems. they seemed to be well staffed and friendly.

Things are very easy to find. The aisles are labeled well, the shelves are neat and I love the open freezer where you could really see every product.

They don't really sell items other stores don't carry unless you count the home stuff like ironing boards, hair accessories, tights, etc.

bookie

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 3:24 pm
Does anyone know what time they open? Can I assume early?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 3:29 pm
be careful they sell allot of chalav stam

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 3:33 pm
amother wrote:
be careful they sell allot of chalav stam

they have one fridge and it's clearly marked chalav stam.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 3:49 pm
They open at 10 every day except Friday at 8.

bookie

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
They open at 10 every day except Friday at 8.

thanks

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 4:03 pm
Just have to add that I did a stock up shopping last week. The plastic cutlery price is awesome : $3.49 for a box of 600 (usually the boxes are 400 pieces each at the same price). Arm and Hammer detergent was 9.99 and the grape juice was same price as Costco for the huge bottles of Kedem. Positiv lettuce was about .50 cheaper than other groceries. Yogurts were well priced too.

Very pleasant experience. Without delivery (I don't own a car) it's going to be tough to get me regularly but I heard they'll be adding that option using a 3rd party delivery service at a set price

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
they have one fridge and it's clearly marked chalav stam.

Just wanted to point out that I did see next to the Rich's whip another variety of Rich's whip that was OUd and labeled as dairy. This was in the regular freezer, not the chalav Stam, so if it's a product you don't recognize, check the label.

And the plastic cutlery is a good price, but keep in mind that you can sometimes get the 400 count for $1.99 on sale at KRM.

I did not notice the jumbo grape juice when I was there. Good to know!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:28 pm
Last Thursday evening, when it was quite busy, a girl dropped a container of tomato dip. It splattered on the brand new refrigerators and floors. Within a minute, a young man came, bent down and wiped it up, all without saying a word of criticism to the girl. We were so impressed with his kindness and demeanor. The girl was enough embarrassed, she would've been humiliated if he would have scolded her. We complimented him.
We were impressed with the selection, prices, fish and meat was very fresh. Nice store, Great potential. I think they will tweak it as they see what the community needs.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:28 pm
Isn't this place very close to breadberry which is 1000 times nicer

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:37 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Haven't checked out Bingo yet. However I saw pics. It's a total different type store to breadberry. Price too are way different. Many items are sold bulk or priced better in bulk.

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:46 am
Where do they advertise their specials?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:00 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

It's a totally different type of store. It's like comparing a pizza store to Va Bene.

Breadberry is much much smaller and to the expensive side. They also have high end better quality foods.

Bingo is catering to the average customer . It is much cheaper and the concessions (meat etc) are not high quality.

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:09 am
amother wrote:
Bingo is catering to the average customer .

How are they advertising their specials to the "average customer" who likes specials? I havent seen a single advertisement of theirs with specials, or even an ad with hours. Where should I be looking?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:15 am
Mevater wrote:
How are they advertising their specials to the "average customer" who likes specials? I havent seen a single advertisement of theirs with specials, or even an ad with hours. Where should I be looking?

I haven't seen any ads.

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
I haven't seen any ads.

Hmmmm. Interesting! Theyre trying to keep the store a secret? Usually stores flood the circulars with ads even before they open.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:26 am
Mevater wrote:
Hmmmm. Interesting! Theyre trying to keep the store a secret? Usually stores flood the circulars with ads even before they open.

You're right... it is strange-although the store was packed this week even without advertisements.

I wonder if they advertised in the publications that came out yesterday (Torah times etc)
I'll have to check...

Kumphort

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 12:40 pm
I saw an add on facebook for them basically saying we are not spending tons of $$ on a grand opening so we can pass the savings on to you.

sped

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 4:02 pm
I understand it is a branch od "Osher Ad" here. They don't advertise with th eidea that they can then price cheaper.They depend on word of mouth. It seem sto work here.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 4:46 pm
Yeah, I don't think I'd heard of Osher Ad before running across one that had replaced a different supermarket. If they advertise here, it's in far fewer publications than many of the other chains do.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics