Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does this make me a racist?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 2:29 pm
rfeig613 wrote:
That's the way the world works, sadly. I'd love to be in a world where that wasn't the case, but unfortunately, that's how it is.

I don't see any reason to martyr myself over that.

It's fascinating how same people can deny institutional racism exists (therefore affirmative action and the BLM movement are both "much ado about nothing") yet perpetuate some of its most blatant effects.

rfeig613

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
It's fascinating how same people can deny institutional racism exists (therefore affirmative action and the BLM movement are both "much ado about nothing") yet perpetuate some of its most blatant effects.

I hope the new AG Sessions puts BLM on the terrorist list.

Also, affirmative action is racist inherently. Ward Connerly, a black businessman who led ballot initiatives to get rid of racial preferences, makes this case in Creating Equal: My Fight Against Race Preference

Merit goes out the window due to AA. Jews and Asians suffer the most for being intelligent and hard-working.

I quote from an article which Peter Thiel co-wrote:

"Originally conceived as a means to redress discrimination, racial preferences have instead promoted it. And rather than fostering harmony and integration, preferences have divided the campus. In no other area of public life is there a greater disparity between the rhetoric of preferences and the reality.

Take, for instance, the claim that racial preferences help the "disadvantaged." In reality, as the Hoover Institution's Thomas Sowell has observed, preferences primarily benefit minority applicants from middle- and upper-class backgrounds. At the same time, because admissions are a zero-sum game, preferences hurt poor whites and even many Asians (who meet admissions standards in disproportionate numbers). If preferences were truly meant to remedy disadvantage, they would be given on the basis of disadvantage, not on the basis of race.

Another myth is that preferences simply give minority applicants a small "plus." In reality, the average SAT disparity between Stanford's African-American and white admittees reached 171 points in 1992, according to data compiled by the Consortium on Financing Higher Education and cited in Richard herrnstein and Charles Murray's book, The Bell Curve.

The fundamental unfairness and arbitrariness of preferences -- why should the under-qualified son of a black doctor displace the qualified daughter of a Vietnamese boat refugee? -- has led supporters to shift rationales in recent years. Instead of a remedy for disadvantage, many supporters now claim that preferences promote "diversity." This same push for "diversity" also has led Stanford to create racially segregated dormitories, racially segregated freshman orientation programs, racially segregated graduation ceremonies and curricular requirements in race theory and gender studies.

But if "diversity" were really the goal, then preferences would be given on the basis of unusual characteristics, not on the basis of race. The underlying assumption -- that only minorities can add certain ideas or perspectives -- is offensive not merely because it is untrue but also because it implies that all minorities think a certain way.

What's gone wrong? The basic problem is that a racist past cannot be undone through more racism. Race-conscious programs betray Martin Luther King's dream of a color-blind community, and the heightened racial sensitivity they cause is a source of acrimony and tension instead of healing.

When University officials boast of "looking for racism everywhere," as multicultural educator Greg Ricks did in a 1990 Stanford Daily interview, then perhaps the most sensible (and certainly the most predictable) response will be for white students to avoid dealing with such quarrelsome people. In this way, the stress on "diversity" has made interracial interaction strained and superficial; multiculturalism has caused political correctness."

Multiculturalism is biting us as we speak. Affirmative action is horrific, and I hope we can finally take steps to rid ourselves of it.https://alumni.stanford.edu/ge.....43448

WhatFor

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:

Yup, reminds me of all those anti-semitic Holocaust deniers. It's like, yeah, you hate Jews, so shouldn't you be thrilled that the Holocaust happened and supportive of it as opposed to denying it happened?

newmom1987

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 3:10 pm
if you have to ask, the answer is yes

rfeig613

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 3:16 pm
newmom1987 wrote:
if you have to ask, the answer is yes

http://rightwingnews.com/john-.....made/

newmom1987

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 3:17 pm
rfeig613 wrote:
http://rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/7-of-the-most-ridiculous-cries-of-racism-ever-made/

right wing news lol

newmom1987

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 3:18 pm
Hi racists, here's a tip: white supremacists don't think Jews are white. Enjoy Trump!

rfeig613

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 3:24 pm
newmom1987 wrote:
Hi racists, here's a tip: white supremacists don't think Jews are white. Enjoy Trump!

AmRen does. And I'm already enjoying. The guy didn't even start his reign yet, and we've accomplished the following:

Dow at an all-time high
Creating jobs (Soros is paying all the rioters)
Arabs quaking in their sandals

Miri7

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 3:46 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

Merit goes out the window due to AA. Jews and Asians suffer the most for being intelligent and hard-working.

Really? Puke Puke

WhatFor

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 4:17 pm
rfeig613 wrote:
AmRen does. And I'm already enjoying. The guy didn't even start his reign yet, and we've accomplished the following:

Dow at an all-time high
Creating jobs (Soros is paying all the rioters)
Arabs quaking in their sandals

I will not remain silent.To all the Jews of color on this thread, I'd like to say that the majority of Jewish women I know would not support white supremacist organizations like American Renaissance. They'd be horrified to know that a fellow Jew does, as the notion of white supremacy runs counter to Jewish values.
Foolish is the Jew who forgets their place in the world and aligns themselves with an organization that hosts the KKK and neo-Nazi parties at its events.

Shabbat shalom.

Miri7

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 5:02 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I will not remain silent.To all the Jews of color on this thread, I'd like to say that the majority of Jewish women I know would not support white supremacist organizations like American Renaissance. They'd be horrified to know that a fellow Jew does, as the notion of white supremacy runs counter to Jewish values.
Foolish is the Jew who forgets their place in the world and aligns themselves with an organization that hosts the KKK and neo-Nazi parties at its events.

Shabbat shalom.

Thank you WhatFor for making this statement.

Honestly, all the Jewish women I know IRL are appalled at the rising prominence and legitimacy of white supremacist views and their proponents.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 6:01 pm
Miri7 wrote:
Thank you WhatFor for making this statement.

Honestly, all the Jewish women I know IRL are appalled at the rising prominence and legitimacy of white supremacist views and their proponents.

Same here. It's hard to imagine what life will be like for us. I wish I could be in denial but it just doesn't work for me.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 12:38 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Yes it does.

Agreed. And IMHO covert racism is much worse that in-your-face KKK racism. It's much more subtle and harmful in the long run.

Imagine if you are running a company and you think you'll be bothered by black and Mexican coworkers alongside you so you pick the less-qualified white people.... This is a reality for many non-white people. And just realize, there are a lot of black frum Jews as well. You don't want them in your block either or are they ok because they are more like you?

And take away "they" and replace with "me" - I might be black you know. There are frum imamothers of color on here too. It's simply delightful to know that some people on here have covert racism that they didn't even know about!

ora_43

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 12:56 pm
rfeig613, I reported your post for violating imamother policy on discussing racism.

But - and I know this makes me a hypocrite - I can't help but point out that your post is also factually wrong. That article about how "racial preference" works is completely bogus. I know many people who work at colleges and universities and, long story short, there is no minority student at any good school who isn't completely, 100% qualified to be there. And people ARE given preference for both "unusual characteristics" and for academic achievements in spite of an economically disadvantaged background. Whoever wrote that doesn't know the first thing about what they're talking about.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 1:46 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

People like being among their own kind. It's human nature.

I loathe being among my "own kind" as I find my "own kind" to be racist, judgemental and obsessed with outward appearances. Your post illustrates this quite ably. The 16 likes you got for your post makes it even worse. I loathe my "own kind". Sad

evie

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 2:42 pm
As a black person, I'm stunned by a lot of what's being said here!

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 3:09 pm
evie wrote:

Evie. *HUG*

I'm revolted by it. Makes me want to stop being a frum Jewish woman...

Raisin

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 3:56 pm
I think its normal to want people who are similar to you to move in. I would LOVE a frum or Jewish black or mexican family to move next door to me. If they were not Jewish, I don't think I would care at all what colour they are.

Property prices where I live are way too high but I can't imagine such an event would make property prices fall.

Disclaimer: If a family holding similar views to Rfeig613 moved in next door to me, I would not be happy.

petiteruchy

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 4:59 pm
Rfeig6... whatever has had the most disgusting and uneducated things to say about Obama, Trump's win and the current state of racism in America for ages. She's been all over those types of threads. In fact, whenever I read something that makes me want to hurl, when I scroll back to check, it's always her or one or two other posters. Sad, because you won't believe what a bad impression it gives this place, especially since a lot of the posts are searchable to the public.

WhatFor

Post Sat, Nov 19 2016, 5:31 pm
evie wrote:

Hugs. To elaborate on what I wrote, I don't think I actually know a single Jewish woman IRL who believes such things. This is repulsive.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics