Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is it normal that girls are more sensitive

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 12:05 pm
I had boys first and now my girls are in elementary school.
There are things that really upset my dss at 5, 6 even 7 years old that later was just no big deal. My almost ten year old dd still falls apart over these things. For example her water bottle broke. My response was oh we'll get you a new one. Only after I realized she was crying and needed a hug and empathy
I am trying to figure out is this normal for girls to still be so sensitive/emotional? Because then I really have to work on myself to readjust my thinking pattern things that need empathy..

newface34

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 12:15 pm
Every person is different. So either way if more empathy is what your child needs then it's definitely something to work on. In general I would think girls are more sensitive because we are naturally more emotional/hormonal. It's not really comparing her to your boys as sometimes there's a sensitive boy with not as sensitive sisters. But it's great you realize what your child needs from you, it's a blessing to be able to see and know their individual needs!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 11:57 am
Thanks for your reply. My mother guilt keeps on going in overdrive that did is somehow emotionally deprived and that's why she is sensitive. I guess I should just flow with her
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics