Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Trump further alienating US citizens with his family, why?
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 3:43 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I am confused - are you saying having Ivanka there was ok, or not?
If his having her there was a problem, see Bill Clinton/Chelsea. But you cannot complain about Ivanka being at meetings and then defend Bill doing the same thing.

Regardless, I think there is still a lot of hysteria going on - THE MAN IS NOT YET PRESIDENT! He never promised that he would remove himself from business dealings on November 10th, just that as president, he would not be involved. There is such over-the-top freaking out going on here, and mostly from people who thought there was no way in the world the guy would win. If he never had a chance, you should really give him a little bit of time to TRANSITION into his new job, which (wait for it...) doesn't begin until January 20th.

Of course the best example of this is Elizabeth Warren complaining that he broke his promises to the American people because he won the election over a week ago and has done nothing as of yet to "drain the swamp".

It's true he's not president yet but he's getting high level security briefings and what if any of that info could affect the market, etc.?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 3:48 pm
Frankly I don't care if Ivanka was there. Our president elect has a close family, I have no doubt that they will have a presence at the WH including state dinners, it's not unusual. Margaret Truman and the Reagan kids come to mind. There are others on both sides of the aisle who have done the same. Using Chelsea was an apples to oranges comparison, in as much as her father was a sitting president.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics