Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bed wetting
Previous  1  2

OMG!

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 5:08 pm
same situation here with my almost 6 yr old. I think hes mature enough to start a program, why should I wait till he gets older? hardest part is younger child mocking him for having a pamper. feel so bad for this sensitive child. I really never mention his problem aloud and always put on a pamper when hes asleep. I pray every day he should be well and outgrow it fast.

Queen6

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:37 pm
.1 Make your child wear a pull up. The smell is terrible and never comes out.
.2 Try Dr. Sagie - His method has a full pad as an alarm instead of a clip. The child doesn't feel it and it's on most of the bed. There is no wiggle room for error.
Go for it. A child should not suffer with bed wetting when there is something that can be done.

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:58 pm
OMG! wrote:
same situation here with my almost 6 yr old. I think hes mature enough to start a program, why should I wait till he gets older? hardest part is younger child mocking him for having a pamper. feel so bad for this sensitive child. I really never mention his problem aloud and always put on a pamper when hes asleep. I pray every day he should be well and outgrow it fast.

Dont view it as a problem.

Don't let your children view it as a problem.

Don't view it as a secret.

Don't let your children view it as a secret.

Good Luck!

yksraya

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 9:34 pm
I found that using pull ups or for older kids the bigger kid version (forgot the name) takes the shame away a little bec they can privately dispose of it in the bathroom without everyone else noticing it.
It's still a bit embarrasing, but not as embarrasing as everyone seeing(smelling!).
The rule is, once the kid stayed dry a whole week, they don't need the pullups anymore.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:05 pm
I agree, that not to keep them in diapers, no matter the age, is much harder, don't look at it as a punishment, rather a convininence.

Emaplus4

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:51 pm
Thank you everyone for your device :-)

evie

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:28 am
Emaplus4 wrote:
Hello.. Can someone please help me with some information on bed wetting transmitter devices. I would like to purchase one but not sure which one really works good. I have 3 that wet the bed raging 4 6 8 embarrassed . I have tried everything with bed time routines, no water before bed time, and waking them up in the middle of the night.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.bedwettingandaccide.....tting
He really knows what he's talking about.
Hatzlacha!

tf

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:45 am
amother wrote:
My 13 and 11 year olds still wet the bed. 😥 My dr says it usually goes away with puberty but my daughter has her period already a year and still...

I used Dr. Sagie in Isreal, He did a great job with 2 of my kids, teenagers. He works over the phone as well. I think he holds not to work on enuresis before the child is 5 years old.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 6:26 am
We bought Dr Sagie's kit for my 12 yr old, who was wetting 1-2 times a week.
He started in January. In August, they advised us to take a break from the alarm, since it didn't seem to be doing the trick.
From September till today, he hasn't had a wet night.
How do you explain that?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 6:57 am
amother wrote:
We bought Dr Sagie's kit for my 12 yr old, who was wetting 1-2 times a week.
He started in January. In August, they advised us to take a break from the alarm, since it didn't seem to be doing the trick.
From September till today, he hasn't had a wet night.
How do you explain that?

Chances are, he just outgrew it on his own, and the alarm may or may not have had anything to do with it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:15 am
Emaplus4 wrote:
Hello.. Can someone please help me with some information on bed wetting transmitter devices. I would like to purchase one but not sure which one really works good. I have 3 that wet the bed raging 4 6 8 embarrassed . I have tried everything with bed time routines, no water before bed time, and waking them up in the middle of the night.

Hugs. I have an 8 and 10 year old still in pull ups at night. It's familial. My MIL finally mentioned to me 2 years ago that all her kids wet their beds until double digit ages. Would have been helpful info before I freaked out.
I had them evaluated by urologist and he said no medical issue and recommended one of those alarms that wake the kids up when it senses any wetness, but my pediatrician discouraged me, claiming it will only make them frustrated and exhausted and to wait until they are ready.

tf

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:01 pm
amother wrote:
Hugs. I have an 8 and 10 year old still in pull ups at night. It's familial. My MIL finally mentioned to me 2 years ago that all her kids wet their beds until double digit ages. Would have been helpful info before I freaked out.
I had them evaluated by urologist and he said no medical issue and recommended one of those alarms that wake the kids up when it senses any wetness, but my pediatrician discouraged me, claiming it will only make them frustrated and exhausted and to wait until they are ready.

My experience was different. The alarm alone doesn't always work, in which case it can make kids frustrated, but with the guidance of an expert, the story was totally different. Dr Sagie is soooo so sensitive to the feelings and works along with you until the end, regardless of how long it takes. The poster who was told to take a break, it may have been one of his techniques. He's familiar with everything regarding enuresis. This includes medical, familial, mental, exercise, and more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics