Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp Anna Heller

stem

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 10:10 pm
We looked into camp Anna Heller and it looks like it has a fantastic program, and I think my daughter would love it.
Then we started hearing rumors that this camp is not very selective with their campers and there are girls who talk about drugs and boys, etc. People are saying that the first half is known to have these types more than the second half.
I tend to disregard rumors, but is there any truth to this? Does anyone have personal experience in the past 1-2 years with their own daughters?
We're yeshivish but from OOT and our daughter is exposed to all types and I'm not worried about her going off the deep end if she meets girls that are a little different than her, but why put her in a tough situation if we could avoid it?

stem

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 7:17 am
Has anyone sent their daughter to Heller in the past 1-2 years that could help me?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 7:46 am
My daughter went this past summer. She had an amazing time and made a lot of great friends.

We're from the tri-state area and she goes to a BY but she's very easygoing, not the type to be fazed or shocked by anyone/anything. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anyone there on drugs. I'd assume some girls (the minority, there are well over 100 girls) talk to boys but my daughter didn't mention it.

If your daughter is looking to rebel or is the type who is attracted to friendships with girls engaging in the behaviors you're worried about, I would not send her as it has a more diverse crowd and she will make friends with the 1-3 girls that you're worried about.

If your daughter is not like that, I'd say go for it. She will meet girls from all over and make great great new friends while enjoying a fantastic program.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Oh, my daughter has been going to Sternberg for a few summers and went both halves to Heller. She says trip 2 IS "more yeshivish" than trip 1.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children