Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing mail.....

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 11:15 pm
What do u do with mail, bills.... Do u file them do u throw them away do they sit around in ur kitchen.... What r some of ur methods and how do u go about it..?

By me my husband brings it home puts it on the counter and when my cleaning lady comes she stuffs it in the draw and it piles up till about 5 months later when my husband goes through it and throws stuff out... When we got married I had the time so I was always on top of it and filed the stuff but now bh im very busy and have other things to b busy with.... Any tips..?

trixx

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 12:01 am
there are only 3 categories of papers

1. deal with and throw out (junk mail and catalogs trash immediately. go one step further and unsubscribe from each catalog as you receive it. all bills - which should anyways be paperless - as you pay each one change it to paperless)

2. keep short-term (school calendars, invitations - record the info and throw out, or go thru periodically and throw out)

3. keep long term or forever (diplomas, car leases, wills, birth certificates and all legal papers - file away in one safe location)

majority of things are category 1. every day when the mail comes in, discard or deal with immediately. then you won't have the clutter and build-up

gr8 mom

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 12:06 am
The problem is im not the one bringing in the mail my husband is so I rarely go through the pile of mail....

trixx

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 1:06 am
Then ask him to throw out junk mail, pay the bills himself, and leave aside for you whatever he thinks you'll be interested in. If he's only bringing it in to dump on you then neither of you is being efficient about it

essie14

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 2:54 am
We get everything paperless. All bills get paid as soon as they arrive in my e mail. We get very little paper mail. Anything that's important gets filed away once a week or once every two weeks (we go over the important things together) and anything I can throw away gets scanned, stores in the cloud and tossed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics