Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Grill pan or George Forman?
1  2  Next

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:16 am
How do these compare? Which one should I buy?

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:21 am
I use my grill pan more often (easier to clean, takes less space thus its kept closer to hand) but george foreman is good for travelling eg to a hotel.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:22 am
Same here, I like my grill pan better

thanks

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:55 am
I too like my grill pan better. George Forman doesn't get hot enough.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:12 am
I don't like my grill pan, but seeing how many people love it, I'm thinking that maybe mine is just not a good grill pan. Whenever I use it I feel like I'm either searing or pan frying and it happens to have a ribbed surface. Maybe the ribs on my pan aren't high enough, or maybe I'm using it wrong, but overall my food doesn't feel anything similar to grilled when its done in my grill pan.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:29 am
amother wrote:
I don't like my grill pan, but seeing how many people love it, I'm thinking that maybe mine is just not a good grill pan. Whenever I use it I feel like I'm either searing or pan frying and it happens to have a ribbed surface. Maybe the ribs on my pan aren't high enough, or maybe I'm using it wrong, but overall my food doesn't feel anything similar to grilled when its done in my grill pan.

I'm not trying to replicate grilling...just want a quick way to cook food. I can do the same thing in a frying pan just my grill pan is bigger. Not sure if it tastes better in the george foreman, grill pan on regular flat bottomed frying pan. .

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:55 am
Thanks everyone... So which grill pan do u have? The ones who are happy with it and the ones who aren't? Thanks!!

sungood

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 9:02 am
I like my grill pan, but would love if it would have a cover.

shacn

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 9:55 am
I find that my chicken/meat comes out more dry in the George Forman as when you squeeze it all the juice and oils come out. Although I don't use it often, definitely use my grill pan over my GF

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 1:13 pm
I have a calphalon grill pan and I love it. It makes the juiciest steaks!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 1:32 pm
I amde DH burgers in the George Foremna and they came out so drry. I made them the next week in the grill pan and they were much better.

takeiteasy

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 2:00 pm
I use my grill pan. George Forman is bulkier

sky

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 2:21 pm
I use my Grill pan always. Never my George Forman.

Maybe if I had the removable grates on my George Forman I'd use it more, but I don't and hate cleaning it. Also the drippings make a huge mess on my counters.

workaholicmama

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 2:36 pm
I loved my George Forman. Used it all the time did it broke....I used to line it woth parchment paper for easier cleanup, and lifted the front with 2 empty tuna cans so there was much less dripping

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 4:14 pm
I put a disposable plate to catch the drippings and toss the mess when I use my George Forman grill.

I like my grill pan much better because the food is tastier. I use a cheapy cast iron grill pan on a super powerful burner. I don't think it is so much which brand grill pan you use as much as how powerful the burner is.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 6:18 pm
sky wrote:
I use my Grill pan always. Never my George Forman.

Maybe if I had the removable grates on my George Forman I'd use it more, but I don't and hate cleaning it. Also the drippings make a huge mess on my counters.

I'm not claiming that Foreman is better than a grill pan, but all Foremans come with drip pans that you put under the front edge to catch the drippings; there shouldn't be a mess on the counter from it.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 6:23 pm
My grill pan is actually from Ikea, I love that it has a handle that bends in for easy storage.

sourstix

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 6:32 pm
Wanto get a grill pan. Is it different then a regular tfal?

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 6:58 pm
If I had a big kitchen I'd probably want a George Forman with the removable plates. My mother had one when I still lived at home and it was very convenient, and the removable plates make it much more so. The top part means both sides get grilled at once and nothing splatters all over (which can happen with an open grill pan on the stovetop. I think they make grill pans with tops too, but mine isn't that kind.)

But I have and am happy with my grill pan. It doesn't require extra counter space, stores flat (it has the folding-in handle too), and you can toss the whole thing in the sink to wash. Works for me.

devash1

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 1:38 am
I bought a grill pan that I never use what to use your grill pan for?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen