Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Black Friday--buy now?

miami85

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 3:17 pm
I'm in the market for a new laptop. I've been searching various sites and they all say "Black Friday sales." Should I buy now or wait until Friday? Is this it or are there better deals to come?

asmileaday

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 3:32 pm
I'll be following. I'm in the same boat. I kinda feel that the sales going on now are as low as they're gonna get. I've never really come across crazy black Friday deals of things I need or want.

octopus

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:54 pm
I find that the usually they have the good sales a week before thanksgiving. And it will be the same sale on black friday. We have ordered on black friday before, and website let me order, but then would get email hours later, it is out of stock. that is soooo annnoying.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:56 pm
Can you let us know if you find something? I also need a laptop but I'm so overwhelmed at the choices and price ranges!

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:50 pm
There are Black Friday preview ads out already so you can compare.
I think the best bet is to decide what you want and how much you're willing to pay for it, and take it when you see it. You're not likely to find any deals that are worth making yourself crazy over. The advertised "AMAAAAZING" deals are almost always older models or versions with lower specs and in-store doorbusters are nearly impossible to get after wasting a lot of time and stress.

For the most part these sales are just playing mind games. The differences between one sale and the next (pre-black-friday, black friday, post-black-friday, cyber monday, tech tuesday, wallet-whupping wednesday...) are not likely to be more than maybe $70+/- which is not that much in the scheme of a good laptop and weighed against the amount of time you could waste scouting for the best deal.

miami85

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 9:31 pm
In this case, I don't need something super fancy--my last computer was a Black Friday deal, but the monitor broke due to something wonky with it. Most computers today are like "infinity " vs. "infinity +1".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains