Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please post any great Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals!
1  2  3  Next

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 7:55 pm
Please share! Any and all good deals Smile

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:04 pm
I heard that Nintendo DS3 (the 3D version of Nintendo handheld) will be only $100. I don't know which stores will carry it, but I hope I get one!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:08 pm
I need a new computer and cd player. If you know good deals....

tf

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:45 pm
I found in the past that the Black Friday sales are hocus pocus. They work around with the prices so that it looks like a huge sale, but in reality they are the same prices as other times of the year.

Merrymom

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 9:44 pm
Gap is having a sale on everything , 45% off for everyone and 50% off for those who have the Gap credit card. This might not seem like a huge deal but if you love their down coats like I do, better get them now before they're all sold out like they were last year on Black Friday. I would hurry though, I think the sale might even end today.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 10:18 pm
tf wrote:
I found in the past that the Black Friday sales are hocus pocus. They work around with the prices so that it looks like a huge sale, but in reality they are the same prices as other times of the year.

In many things that's true, especially the big ticket items. Even if they are usually marked up more at other times, they'll probably be on clearance soon because they'll be the older models or have some compromise under the hood. Like a computer that is outwardly the same as one $300 more but really has less ram and an old processor, and in fact was only marked down $50 even though it looks $300 cheaper next to its big brother.

But there are a lot of great doorbusters in stores that want to hook you in. MIGHT you find similar deals at other times? MAYBE. Few and far between. But this is a great time to go shopping for things like small appliances, linens/towels/bedding, pots/pans, things like that. Also small tech, often similarly priced to back-to-school season in case you missed it in August - computer mice, flash memory, etc. Yes these things do go on sale at other times but more a little here, a little there. Similar to back-to-school shopping, I like the idea of just shopping the sales this one week and then not have to go deal-hunting the rest of my life.

One year there were insane sales at Rite Aid, which is right on my block. I bought the maximum allowed amount that was in stock of things like real brand band-aids, scotch tape, things like that but really cheap! I haven't seen that again but keeping my eye out.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:08 am
I'm having a one today instead of those days. Sewing stuff. Smile

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:43 am
I make myself a budget on each item.
If it doesn't fit my budget then it's not a deal for me.
I do this any time I go shopping.
I say to myself I want to pay $12 for this top, then I look at the price.
A great day to go shopping is Jan 1, at target.
Last year I got a big duplo set for 75% off because the clear bag had green piping.
Clothes, go on sale January to get rid of anything they didn't sell in December.
At least by me,January/February the white sale is better than now.
But, again, even if it's a great deal, if it doesn't fit my budget, then it's not for me.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 6:41 am
tf wrote:

This isn't always true. A lot of items that never go on sale do on black friday- just as a few examples, around this time of year is when magnatiles will go on discount, which is notoriously hard to score. Amazon will offer certain coupon codes (like 30% a book) which I usually use on cookbooks, which never really go on sale.

Websites like Kosher on a Budget or Dan's deals are helpful in that they publish sale prices, but only if it's actually a good deal- if it's a sale price you can get year round, they don't publish it. And they often let you know the last time the price went that low. So for example if you're looking for a Kindle Fire, and it's on sale, it'll say the price, and then say the price hasn't been this low since ________. So you can tell if it's actually a significant discount or not.

Merrymom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 7:37 am
Children's place is also having 50-75% off and free shipping. I think that's a pretty great deal. I got cozy fleece sleepwear, tops, hats, sweaters, etc. I will probably be back for a second order because I'm so happy with the things I received.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 7:40 am
I want a new sony dvd player. anyone?

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 8:09 am
groovy1224 wrote:
This isn't always true. A lot of items that never go on sale do on black friday- just as a few examples, around this time of year is when magnatiles will go on discount, which is notoriously hard to score. Amazon will offer certain coupon codes (like 30% a book) which I usually use on cookbooks, which never really go on sale.

Websites like Kosher on a Budget or Dan's deals are helpful in that they publish sale prices, but only if it's actually a good deal- if it's a sale price you can get year round, they don't publish it. And they often let you know the last time the price went that low. So for example if you're looking for a Kindle Fire, and it's on sale, it'll say the price, and then say the price hasn't been this low since ________. So you can tell if it's actually a significant discount or not.

Where are magnatiles on sale now?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 8:11 am
mitzvah kinder?

groovy1224

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 8:12 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Where are magnatiles on sale now?

Haven't heard of any yet, but I follow Kosher on a Budget and she posts when they do. That's how I bought ours, and it was almost exactly a year ago.

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 8:25 am
Oh ok thanks for the tip! Where were they on sale last year?

groovy1224

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 8:35 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Oh ok thanks for the tip! Where were they on sale last year?

It was in target. Here's a link to the post from last year:

http://kosheronabudget.com/mag.....5-55/

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 8:43 am
Wow cool, thanks. Let's pray for this year Smile

Chaya613

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:45 am
I see Hazorfim is having 40 percent off everything site wide. Very exciting for those that need something!

precious

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:53 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Wow cool, thanks. Let's pray for this year Smile

Target had magnatiles on sale a few days ago...

mfb

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 1:01 pm
Chaya613 wrote:
I see Hazorfim is having 40 percent off everything site wide. Very exciting for those that need something!

Is this in store or online?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics