Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Is B. myndi, Mindy blumendfeld or another writer?

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 10:25 pm
I am reading both authors for a while now and it sort of just clicked. is it possible that b myndi is Mindy blumenfeld? They both have the same sense of humor and the same writing style, I cant imagine its two different people.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 10:47 pm
Same person. She has other pen names as well. Notice all of her fiction stories are about people going to therapy.

pizza4

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 10:52 pm
Yes, she is. I think she once mentioned it in an article? Or I'm mistaken and I heard it elsewhere. I really enjoy those stories; she's great.

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 10:58 pm
That's so interesting!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 11:23 pm
Now I REALLY want to know her other pen names lol.
Btw you have no idea how many ppl xonfuse ME with B. Myndi. I wish I was that good and published that often! LOL!

Aetrsnrady

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 11:44 pm
I thought you were B. Myndi, Mama Bear! I wonder why I didn't make the connection between the names before...

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 11:48 pm
I feel like if a writer chooses to use a pseudonym, it's not nice to try and out him or her in public like this.

And her stories are so not all about people going for therapy. They *are* usually about deep emotions and relationships and definitely reflect her therapist background, but they tend to go at it more indirectly which is probably why I love them so much. Little vignettes going really deeply into someone's inner world and perspective.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 3:36 pm
I didnt mean to put it out there, I was sort of just asking. A few weeks ago I read an article by B Myndi and I thought they made a mistake bec it was so mindy blumenfelds style. I waited the next week to see if they would write that they made a mistake with authors.
now in this weeks Binah, I just realized that it has to be Mindy. But obviously she is not trying to hide herself that well bec she sort of used her initials and doesnt try to change details around.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 4:14 pm
Yes I get that. And in this particular case it's not much of a secret. She seems to use one name for fiction and another for non-fiction. I just wanted to point out in general that publicly guessing at pseudonyms is probably not a very nice thing to do.

To be honest I'm not even sure what it means anymore when someone uses a different name but everyone knows it's them...

sourstix

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 4:25 pm
and I still dont know who mindy blumenfeld is in real life. so why does it matter. I dont remember reading her stuff. maybe someone could tell me where she writes?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 4:36 pm
sourstix wrote:
and I still dont know who mindy blumenfeld is in real life. so why does it matter. I dont remember reading her stuff. maybe someone could tell me where she writes?

She writes in binah, a therapy column as well as fiction. All her articles are great!!

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 4:58 pm
sourstix wrote:

What do you mean "why does it matter?" - Are you the only one here?
What if it were someone you DID know - or what if someone else here knows them - or what if you were to meet her tomorrow - and when you meet her and she introduces herself with her real name, she would rather you meet her as a regular person and not as "OMG you're the one who wrote____!"

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:01 pm
She happens to be my therapist, which is why I was so curious.

ChutzPAh

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 9:10 pm
I always thought it was Mama Bear šŸ˜€
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room