Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for an "ayin hara lady" near brooklyn
1  2  3  Next

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:22 pm
Title says it all. Although it can be a man of men that type of thing. If u know of someone who has come in from Israel or someone here they can do it please post.

TIA

ETA : by ayin hara lady I mean someone who can pour lead and take away ayin haras.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:38 pm
BTDT, nothing changed! What makes you think it will solve anything?

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 6:23 pm
What a shame, Rebbetzin Aidel Miller is the most well-known for this, and she was just in Flatbush for the past week, but left on Sunday. I assume she went back to Israel, but maybe she's elsewhere in the States?

chayamiriam

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 6:38 pm
Reb. Miller is also well known for taking your money. How about just davening and giving tzdukkah a better value for your money then Reb.Miller or other such nonsense!!!

tichellady

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 7:00 pm
sounds like avodah zara to me

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 8:41 pm
chayamiriam wrote:
Reb. Miller is also well known for taking your money. How about just davening and giving tzdukkah a better value for your money then Reb.Miller or other such nonsense!!!

Could you please elaborate? I've been considering going to her due to some difficulties I'm having in my life. She has a haskama from Rav Chaim Pinchas Sheinberg (who's quite reliable) that what she's doing is legit. I know that she charges, but what does it mean that she's well-known for taking your money?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 9:02 pm
OP, desperate people choose to believe that this or that will solve their problems.

In a small percentage of cases, problems get solved.

Its doubtful that the solving of the problems and the "this or that" are connected.

More often than not, the problems dont get solved with doing this or that.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 9:11 pm
I was just going to post about Rebetzin miller because I went to her so many times and spent a lot of money and everything she promised me that she saw in the lead never came true. I was wondering if anyone knows if she is legit or not bec I find that she asks you questions before and then feeds off your answer.

Also the first time she does lead over your head she pours it slowly a bunch of times and then she does it a second time and then the third time she does one big spill and says see all the ayin hara is out.

The more I go to her the more I'm believing less in her.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:
BTDT, nothing changed! What makes you think it will solve anything?

Here we go again!

5mom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 9:37 pm
Why go for some borderline witchcraft when you can daven to Hashem directly?

Look up molybdomancy. That's the name of this practice. There's nothing Jewish about it.

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:02 pm
Theres a Mrs. Klein in williamsburg who does it over the phone. She collects $ for forgot what. She does it over the phone for $18 a name. 718-387-0498

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:05 pm
Rebetzin miller is $100 a person. Does anyone have success stories with her? I'm beginning to believe that the thousands of dollars that I spent by her all went to the garbage.

5mom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:19 pm
amother wrote:

Also the first time she does lead over your head she pours it slowly a bunch of times and then she does it a second time and then the third time she does one big spill and says see all the ayin hara is out.

I've never poured lead, but I have poured batter. Obviously you will see different shapes depending on whether you pour quickly or slowly.

Please don't spend another penny on this.

salt

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:25 pm
tichellady wrote:
sounds like avodah zara to me

Actually has sources in the shulkhan aruch. Along the lines of you're allowed to do it even on Shabbat, if it's to save a life. But no idea where, sorry, don't like to quote things without a real quote, but that's what I've been told.

heidi

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:30 pm
5mom wrote:
Why go for some borderline witchcraft when you can daven to Hashem directly?

Look up molybdomancy. That's the name of this practice. There's nothing Jewish about it.

People who go to these type of people are desperate. Do you think they aren't davening? Do you think they haven't given tzedaka and made all kinds of desperate promises to Hashem?

5mom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:30 pm
heidi wrote:
People who go to these type of people are desperate. Do you think they aren't davening? Do you think they haven't given tzedaka and made all kinds of desperate promises to Hashem?

You're right. But there's no one but Hashem.

5mom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:43 pm
salt wrote:
Actually has sources in the shulkhan aruch. Along the lines of you're allowed to do it even on Shabbat, if it's to save a life. But no idea where, sorry, don't like to quote things without a real quote, but that's what I've been told.

I think you are referring to יורה דעה סימן קעז:ה

It says there that if a person has been bitten by a scorpion you can do ניחוש on shabbos, even though it doesn't work, if that will soothe the patient's mind.

The siman begins with a strong denunciation of witchcraft and divination. The fact that you can do something assur to save a life doesn't make it acceptable. We can feed a sick person nonkosher food to save a life, but it's still not allowed.

So yes, divination (not molybdomancy specifically) is mentioned in the Shulchan Aruch and is permitted in a specific case. That doesn't mean it's acceptable.

heidi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:12 am
5mom wrote:
You're right. But there's no one but Hashem.

Spoken like someone who has never had a true crisis, B"H.
I know someone whose child was diagnosed with incurable cancer. Not incurable, but only 3% of people diagnosed with that cancer survived. These completely intelligent. YU frum, not crazy at all people did everything. They davened, they gave tzedaka and they went to the ayin hara lady.
Their child was cured.
Would you really have told them not to go?

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:31 am
A link

http://www.aish.com/sp/so/The-.....e=yes

5mom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:49 am
heidi wrote:
Spoken like someone who has never had a true crisis, B"H.
I know someone whose child was diagnosed with incurable cancer. Not incurable, but only 3% of people diagnosed with that cancer survived. These completely intelligent. YU frum, not crazy at all people did everything. They davened, they gave tzedaka and they went to the ayin hara lady.
Their child was cured.
Would you really have told them not to go?

I'm sorry, but you don't know me or my life's story. Please don't make assumptions.

I'm very happy that these people saw their son cured. But there's no way to know what would have happened if they hadn't gone to the ayin hara lady. How do you know it wasn't one of the other crazy things they did? Or none of them?

What about the poster here who spent thousands of dollars and hasn't seen any good results?

If lead pouring were halachically acceptable and the practitioners didn't take money from desperate people, that would be a different matter. As things stand, though, the practice is hard to defend.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics