Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Pom pom hats...
Previous  1  2  3

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:26 am
rgr wrote:
Same thing when people tell you, You're sooo skinny, it's sick!
Why do they think they can comment on your body? You would never go to a fat person and say, You're soo fat....

cuz in today's generation saying "you're so skinny you look sick" is a compliment. sad.

glamourmom

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:28 am
rgr wrote:
I find it funny that on the related threads on the bottom there is a thread about pom pom hats from 2015. A year ago there was very few people who commented on it and by now, "everybody's wearing them"

for some reason that thread didn't pick up but lots of people were wearing it then too.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:39 am
amother wrote:
cuz in today's generation saying "you're so skinny you look sick" is a compliment. sad.

Never heard that and I'm a teacher.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
Never heard that and I'm a teacher.

people don't actually say you look sick. that would be insulting. but if they say "you're so skinny, it's sick" that's what I hear. or it's sick means it's crazy. either way.

moonstone

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:15 pm
This thread actually clarified something for me. I was recently in the US, and in the airport there was a frum couple- the wife was wearing what looked like a black leather baseball cap with a big black pom pom on top. I thought it looked ridiculous, but I could only assume that it was the latest Brooklyn trend. Guess I was right!

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 4:05 pm
tovli toraspicha wrote:
I don't really follow fashion trends but I think it's awesome when the current fashion trends encourage people to keep warm during the winter instead of something that encourages improper weather attire or something uncomfortable.

Yes, like when puffer vests were used as actual winter coats. Even when it snowed or it was thirty degrees outside. I'm glad that fad only lasted for one winter- I felt so sorry for all the children that I saw on the street in vests.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
people don't actually say you look sick. that would be insulting. but if they say "you're so skinny, it's sick" that's what I hear. or it's sick means it's crazy. either way.

Actually, the young crowd around me uses the word sick to mean cool.
http://www.urbandictionary.com.....0sick

anonymrs

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 4:59 pm
cnc wrote:
I make my own pom- pom hats. Order a hat from Amazon for a few dollars, get a Pom Pom at the trimming store and sew it in. If you want to have it snap on and off so that you can interchange Pom-Poms , sew a snap on to the hat and Pom pom.

I've done the same. Smile

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:12 pm
In the 60's we were all knitting pom pom hats. What once was old is new again.

MadameX

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Actually, the young crowd around me uses the word sick to mean cool.
http://www.urbandictionary.com.....0sick

Yes, sick means cool. Been that way since at least 2005 when I was in high school
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics