Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Recommendations Needed- Wigs (Price range listed)
1  2  Next

MadameX

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:20 am
Hi! I would like to have recommendations for a good wig in the Flatbush or Boro Park area.
This is my criteria:
Virgin hair
26" or longer
wavy or straight (natural form of the original hair)
Brunette
Place must have a good stylist with a good eye for coloring
Anywhere between $1,000 to $2,000
Interested in trying a lace front, but OK if its not.

In the past, I have had wigs that are way too dark for me. The reason is because I am just trying to adjust my eyes to the new style on my head that I cannot really tell whether the color of the wig is flattering. So I would like the stylist to have a good eye for these things.

Yes yes, I know I am looking for the holy grail of sheites with not a big budget. However, this budget is my reality and I would really like to get the best for my buck. Please give me your recommendations. Thank you!!!

sourstix

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:23 am
Hatzlacha finding all this for that price

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:24 am
I'm not a shaitel macher but I'm almost sure that it's impossible to get a 26 inch virgin hair wig in that price range.

Would you consider different hair? That's more realistic and you have a number of options.

MadameX

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:30 am
Thanks for your replies. I am not too familiar with the sheitel world but I do know that the best hair comes with a hefty price tag. But I would still like to see if there is something good that comes close to what I want and that is in my price range

streak

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:46 am
A treat or an Irene would be that cheap. But they won't last long.

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:50 am
You can also try a consigner like Doppleganer. I am sure there are others too I just know of her. She sells both new and gently used and her prices are great. A friend of mine used her recently and cant stop raving about how great of an experience it was.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:56 am
The Irene dolce might be in your range but it's not virgin hair. Miri supreme or Sary maybe too. But those ain't virgin either.

You can not get virgin hair, 26" long, at a good salon, for anywhere near your price range.

Could it be you don't really mean 26"? Irene's Europeans are pretty generously marked. A 20" can be as long as other brands 26". I don't know if they're under 2k but doesn't hurt to look into it.

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 11:09 am
asmileaday wrote:
The Irene dolce might be in your range but it's not virgin hair. Miri supreme or Sary maybe too. But those ain't virgin either.

You can not get virgin hair, 26" long, at a good salon, for anywhere near your price range.

Could it be you don't really mean 26"? Irene's Europeans are pretty generously marked. A 20" can be as long as other brands 26". I don't know if they're under 2k but doesn't hurt to look into it.

Are Irene Europeans virgin hair?

I have one and it doesn't seem like virgin hair to me(although I'm not that much of a maven).

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 11:10 am
mha3484 wrote:
You can also try a consigner like Doppleganer. I am sure there are others too I just know of her. She sells both new and gently used and her prices are great. A friend of mine used her recently and cant stop raving about how great of an experience it was.

This is a good option.
You can get a great wig that didn't work for the original owner at a fraction of the price..

MadameX

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 11:44 am
mha3484 wrote:

I've also heard of Doppelganger... I think I'll take a trip out. Thanks

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 11:47 am
I have been thinking of a new sheital this year so I stalk her facebook page. She also mentions many of the wigs have payment plans which helps me out a lot.

cheeseblintz

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 12:30 pm
Why do you need virgin hair as opposed to just good quality hair? Irene's can provide that for your price range.

lora

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 12:42 pm
Irene

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 2:26 pm
Alexia wigs

LeahRivka

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:45 am
Purchased my Shabbos sheital from Wig Today, and am completely happy with the sheital. Great quality and the service was incredible. Not sure if their is one in your area, but perhaps you can order online, and find a stylist.
http://mywigtoday.net/

mommy27

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:49 am
seconding wig today- although mine is only about 2 months old, so I can't say how it will hold up in the long run yet. So far though, I'm happy with it and it was a great price!.

monseymom25

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 11:29 am
Is there any place to see a wig today wig in person near Monsey? Does anyone else have experience with them?

LeahRivka

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 11:52 am
There is a representative in Monsey.
Rae Lloyd
Monsey, New York
Contact Rae Monsey for an appointment today
rae@mywigtoday.com

I've had my sheital for about 2 years, and it is beautiful, full and feels like the higher priced ones.

monseymom25

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 12:47 pm
Thanks

Tzedek Tirdof

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:50 pm
MadameX wrote:
Hi! I would like to have recommendations for a good wig in the Flatbush or Boro Park area.
This is my criteria:
Virgin hair
26" or longer
wavy or straight (natural form of the original hair)
Brunette
Place must have a good stylist with a good eye for coloring
Anywhere between $1,000 to $2,000
Interested in trying a lace front, but OK if its not.

In the past, I have had wigs that are way too dark for me. The reason is because I am just trying to adjust my eyes to the new style on my head that I cannot really tell whether the color of the wig is flattering. So I would like the stylist to have a good eye for these things.

Yes yes, I know I am looking for the holy grail of sheites with not a big budget. However, this budget is my reality and I would really like to get the best for my buck. Please give me your recommendations. Thank you!!!

May I ask why you want 26"? 18" sheitels are very long so I imagine that you'd be sitting on one if it is as long as 26". I can't imagine needing more than 18" unless you are very tall?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels