Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Best way to block off play area with a low divider?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:48 pm
Our apartment has a small 'nook' which we want to use as a play area. It has a 4 sides and a square pillar at each corner, but 2 of the sides are walls, the other 2 sides are open. Of the sides that are open, one is open to the kitchen and one to the living room. I want to block off the side open to the kitchen, both to keep my toddler out and to also keep all her toys away from food. The open side is about 6 feet (about 1 meter 80 centimeters or a bit more). I also want what ever I use to block it off to be low enough so that my toddler and I can see each other while she is playing and I am cooking in the kitchen.

I thought of a baby gate, but toys could still get through one way and food the other (I'm thinking of pesach). Plus, I would need a very wide gate or one with lots of extensions.

Any other ideas of how to do this? Thanks!

lfab

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 2:32 pm
Place a couple of low bookcases or toy shelves in the opening to close it off. Then you have the double benefit of blocking the space and getting toy storage at the same time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics