Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Malky Glatt designer

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 12:16 pm
Ive recently hired her based on ppls recommendations. However, I dont get the feeling from her that she is 'into' my project and she is never available for me.

What r ur experiences with her?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 12:39 pm
I don't know her, but why don't you mention this to her (in a polite, tactful way of course)?
If it doesn't improve, switch designers for someone else.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 2:13 pm
People are very happy with her work. I have a few neighbors and relatives who have used her and were thrilled with the results. I think her personality is a bit 'removed', hard to describe what I mean but she's not a gushy type of person so it could be that's why you feel like she's not into your project. She is also very very busy and in demand.

Personally, I find that a lot of her work looks very similar and doesn't always reflect the personality, taste, and uniqueness of the client. I would try to find someone who has a more unique style (hard to find in cookie-cutter Lakewood; you might want to try someone out of the community.) I designed my own home because I didn't want my house to have the standard look and everyone who walks into my house is like "WOW!! Which designer did you use???" Not because my house is so glamorous or anything, just because it's not the standard designer look that is trending in Lakewood right now. (To be fair, I've always been into home design and I do have a flair for it, but I also like to be different.)

ETA: I have nothing bad to say about Malky Glatt. The homes she designs ARE beautiful; balance of trendy while still keeping a sense of class. She is fantastic. What I wrote above is my own, personal taste.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:
People are very happy with her work. I have a few neighbors and relatives who have used her and were thrilled with the results. I think her personality is a bit 'removed', hard to describe what I mean but she's not a gushy type of person so it could be that's why you feel like she's not into your project. She is also very very busy and in demand.

Personally, I find that a lot of her work looks very similar and doesn't always reflect the personality, taste, and uniqueness of the client. I would try to find someone who has a more unique style (hard to find in cookie-cutter Lakewood; you might want to try someone out of the community.) I designed my own home because I didn't want my house to have the standard look and everyone who walks into my house is like "WOW!! Which designer did you use???" Not because my house is so glamorous or anything, just because it's not the standard designer look that is trending in Lakewood right now. (To be fair, I've always been into home design and I do have a flair for it, but I also like to be different.)

ETA: I have nothing bad to say about Malky Glatt. The homes she designs ARE beautiful; balance of trendy while still keeping a sense of class. She is fantastic. What I wrote above is my own, personal taste.

WHY did I get a hug for this????? shock

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:35 am
U have anyone else u would recommend?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 10:29 am
A friend of mine was thrilled with Naomi Charish.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 10:36 am
I like Naomi's work a lot.

http://naomimamiyedesign.com/r......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics