Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Alternative approach (spinoff)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:28 pm
There is an alternative approach to children's health, ladies. I take my kids to the dr for school forms and that's it. (emergencies go to the er).
And no, I'm not neglectful. I'm a very attentive stay-at-home mom of six precious people. We've never been tested for strep or ear infections or UTIs or administered abx for them. We don't use tylenol, motrin, advil etc. In fact, we don't even have it in the house.
Oh my!
For routine fever we use Hashem's all-powerful immune system. And chicken soup. Works like a charm.
Oh, and we stay far away from vaccines. (For those of you who are terrified of the erroneous opinion that the likes of us are "carriers"...., you'll never know who we are....oh well. Sorry, couldn't help that Wink )

I know there are others like me lurking behind the scenes, afraid to post because they're afraid to get bashed by the many to whom this approach is so foreign.
But thank G-d, our healthy children and low rates of illness attest to the validity of this approach.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:31 pm
amother wrote:
There is an alternative approach to children's health, ladies. I take my kids to the dr for school forms and that's it. (emergencies go to the er).
And no, I'm not neglectful. I'm a very attentive stay-at-home mom of six precious people. We've never been tested for strep or ear infections or UTIs or administered abx for them. We don't use tylenol, motrin, advil etc. In fact, we don't even have it in the house.
Oh my!
For routine fever we use Hashem's all-powerful immune system. And chicken soup. Works like a charm.
Oh, and we stay far away from vaccines. (For those of you who are terrified of the erroneous opinion that the likes of us are "carriers"...., you'll never know who we are....oh well. Sorry, couldn't help that Wink )

I know there are others like me lurking behind the scenes, afraid to post because they're afraid to get bashed by the many to whom this approach is so foreign.
But thank G-d, our healthy children and low rates of illness attest to the validity of this approach.

You go to the ER for emergencies? What do you consider an emergency?

Your doctors agree to fill out your school form without an annual well visit?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:37 pm
I actually don't run to the doctor often but I'm thinking of the past few times that I went and I'm curious what you would do in those scenarios.

1) 2 month old had a piece of his umbilical cord still attached and infected and wouldn't come off after applying baby powder or bacitracin. Doctor prescribed a cream and it was off in two days.

2) 8 year old has chronic abdominal pain and there's a family history of GI issues. We tried our own natural methods including diets. Doctor took blood work to rule out GI illnesses, and gave us instructions on taking fiber supplements.

3) Child had a staph infection- most likely picked up at a camp pool- that actually did land us up in the ER as it was in a very sensitive place that the doctor did not want to touch... yes we tried tee trea oil. Rose hip oil and 10 other things

What would you do?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:38 pm
cnc wrote:
You go to the ER for emergencies? What do you consider an emergency?

Your doctors agree to fill out your school form without an annual well visit?

Stitches is an emergency. Broken arm. Serious infection.
And the doctors aren't thrilled with us. It's difficult. But somehow we manage.

nursemomma

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:47 pm
I respect people who do their research so they are informed and can make knowledgeable decisions for their families health.
What bothers me about your post is your blanket statements about not using antibiotics and vaccines. Antibiotics is definitely over prescribed today, but at times, can save lives.
And vaccines is a whole other topic which I'll leave for ye vaccine threads Confused.
Would you believe me if I told you that I know someone personally who's child died because she refused to treat him with antibiotics?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:48 pm
amother wrote:
Stitches is an emergency. Broken arm. Serious infection.
And the doctors aren't thrilled with us. It's difficult. But somehow we manage.

What do you consider a serious infection? What do you think the value is in waiting for an infection to get so serious that it requires hospital care?
Who are the doctors that aren't happy with you? Is it possibly the ER physicians who have to treat what seems to be the outcome of neglect?

ectomorph

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:49 pm
You are just incredibly lucky.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
I actually don't run to the doctor often but I'm thinking of the past few times that I went and I'm curious what you would do in those scenarios.

1) 2 month old had a piece of his umbilical cord still attached and infected and wouldn't come off after applying baby powder or bacitracin. Doctor prescribed a cream and it was off in two days.

2) 8 year old has chronic abdominal pain and there's a family history of GI issues. We tried our own natural methods including diets. Doctor took blood work to rule out GI illnesses, and gave us instructions on taking fiber supplements.

3) Child had a staph infection- most likely picked up at a camp pool- that actually did land us up in the ER as it was in a very sensitive place that the doctor did not want to touch... yes we tried tee trea oil. Rose hip oil and 10 other things

What would you do?

I do a lot of what people are so afraid of. I use Dr Google. And I confer with my sisters. Together we use common sense to filter out the useless info.

Scenario 1) My sister actually dealt with this. Called umbilical granuloma. Doctors often recommend surgery. She treated it with table salt. Pain-free. Cleared up in less than a week. (All documented on video).

Scenario 2) Raw apple cider vinegar with the "mother". 2 tbsps in a cup of water, 3x/day.

Scenario 3) Serious infections warrant a trip to the er.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:52 pm
nursemomma wrote:
I respect people who do their research so they are informed and can make knowledgeable decisions for their families health.
What bothers me about your post is your blanket statements about not using antibiotics and vaccines. Antibiotics is definitely over prescribed today, but at times, can save lives.
And vaccines is a whole other topic which I'll leave for ye vaccine threads Confused.
Would you believe me if I told you that I know someone personally who's child died because she refused to treat him with antibiotics?

yes, I believe you, and she's an idiot. We have used abx. Just not for those things.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:
What do you consider a serious infection? What do you think the value is in waiting for an infection to get so serious that it requires hospital care?
Who are the doctors that aren't happy with you? Is it possibly the ER physicians who have to treat what seems to be the outcome of neglect?

Nope. Not the er docs. The form-filling docs. They don't like our contrarian views. I understand them and I wouldn't bother them, but I need the forms for school.

We has one serious infection. Started on Shabbos. We checked with a local community doctor in shul who sent us to the er.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:57 pm
ectomorph wrote:
You are just incredibly lucky.

So only my kids and my siblings' kids with this approach get to be so lucky? Please.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:29 pm
I'm not sure why you think you are so special. What is the point of waiting for an infection to get so bad that it needs the hospital?

And you did admit that you took your son to a doctor on Shabbos. So do you or do you not bring your children to the doctor? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
I do a lot of what people are so afraid of. I use Dr Google. And I confer with my sisters. Together we use common sense to filter out the useless info.

Scenario 1) My sister actually dealt with this. Called umbilical granuloma. Doctors often recommend surgery. She treated it with table salt. Pain-free. Cleared up in less than a week. (All documented on video).

Scenario 2) Raw apple cider vinegar with the "mother". 2 tbsps in a cup of water, 3x/day.

Scenario 3) Serious infections warrant a trip to the er.

1)That's absolutely not treated with surgery. If that's what you believe, no wonder you don't use doctors.

2) how would raw apple cider vinegar clear up celiac, Crohn's or chalila colon cancer?

Gotta love Dr. Google and sisters Surprised

Wouldn't you rather have a relationship with one pediatrician that you trust instead of leaving emergencies in the hands of inexperienced resident doctors?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure why you think you are so special. What is the point of waiting for an infection to get so bad that it needs the hospital?

And you did admit that you took your son to a doctor on Shabbos. So do you or do you not bring your children to the doctor? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

I definitely don't wait. Sometimes you don't know about it. Kid comes to you with swollen toe or something.
And, no, we did not take our child (daughter) to the dr [on Shabbos], we consulted with a doctor in shul (kid was home). And then went to the er.

Regardless, we aren't anti doctor. We visit when we need to. It's just that our definition of "need" is different than mainstream.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
1)That's absolutely not treated with surgery. If that's what you believe, no wonder you don't use doctors.

2) how would raw apple cider vinegar clear up celiac, Crohn's or chalila colon cancer?

Gotta love Dr. Google and sisters Surprised

Wouldn't you rather have a relationship with one pediatrician that you trust instead of leaving emergencies in the hands of inexperienced resident doctors?

Totally. But I can't find such a doctor.

Ladies, quit nitpicking my words and understand that strep, ear infections, UTIs, fevers, whatever it is that has you running there multiple times a [year/month/week/day]
can all be left to the immune system. And if you don't vaccinate, you will have far fewer issues to deal with. (I know I'd better duck now)

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:
I definitely don't wait. Sometimes you don't know about it. Kid comes to you with swollen toe or something.
And, no, we did not take our child (daughter) to the dr [on Shabbos], we consulted with a doctor in shul (kid was home). And then went to the er.

Regardless, we aren't anti doctor. We visit when we need to. It's just that our definition of "need" is different than mainstream.

The last paragraph completely contradicts your OP. You originally stated that go for schools forms- and that's it.

Your last post makes much more sense.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:
Totally. But I can't find such a doctor.

Ladies, quit nitpicking my words and understand that strep, ear infections, UTIs, fevers, whatever it is that has you running there multiple times a [year/month/week/day]
can all be left to the immune system. And if you don't vaccinate, you will have far fewer issues to deal with. (I know I'd better duck now)

No one is nitpicking but you keep changing your tune with every post that you write which leaves this thread pretty confusing...

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:30 pm
I fall in the middle. Don't vaccinate, use lots of natural herbs and vitamins. However I did do surgery eventually for tubes and addenoids and put my child on meds for reflux for my sanity. However, I ALWAYS MAKE SURE I HAVE A DOCTOR BACKING ME,! I don't think it's OK to not have a doctor that is on the same page as you.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:32 pm
cnc wrote:
The last paragraph completely contradicts your OP. You originally stated that go for schools forms- and that's it.

Your last post makes much more sense.

I disagree that I contradicted myself.
My definition of need is "school forms" and emergencies.

We've given abx three times over our parenting span of 14 years, and only completed the full course of it once. For six kids, in today's world of meds, that's nothing.

Just was bringing to the forefront that there is another safe, effective, healthy, reliable approach. It might sound very radical, definitely not the norm but many parents use it. Probably fewer in the frum world.
I'll repeat that an important factor is avoiding vaccines. They are poison. Vaccines are kind of like chemo for babies who don't have cancer.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
I disagree that I contradicted myself.
My definition of need is "school forms" and emergencies.

We've given abx three times over our parenting span of 14 years, and only completed the full course of it once. For six kids, in today's world of meds, that's nothing.

Just was bringing to the forefront that there is another safe, effective, healthy, reliable approach. It might sound very radical, definitely not the norm but many parents use it. Probably fewer in the frum world.
I'll repeat that an important factor is avoiding vaccines. They are poison. Vaccines are kind of like chemo for babies who don't have cancer.

If your going to use antibiotics, at least finish it. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics