Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
4 bedroom house 500k an hr from nyc
1  2  Next

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:23 pm
Do any communities within the hr of nyc have four bedroom houses for 500k or under?

dina125

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:31 pm
Some places in NJ have, but also need to take property taxes & tolls/train/bus fares if commuting daily to NYC into consideration. Also the yeshiva tuitions in smaller communities out of NYC might be higher as there is less choice and competition as to where to send. Hatzlacha Rabba in finding a good place for your family!

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 7:05 pm
Can you name me some communities? Does passaic have anything in that price range?

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 7:07 pm
I think that anything you'd get in Passaic for that price range would either be less than 4 bedrooms, need a lot of work, or in an undesirable location.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 7:26 pm
Highland Park/Edison; also East Brunswick. Could be more than an hour depending on exactly where you are going (Staten Island is nearby;the Bronx is not).

Yes, be sure to consider taxes and costs of commuting, as well as car insurance.

trixx

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:18 pm
Pomona?

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 4:08 am
Depends on the religious level you're looking for, but you can definitely find 4 bedroom homes in Fair Lawn and Teaneck for under 500k. They may not be huge homes or the nicest, most updated for that price, but will have the bedrooms you need. Probably West Orange and Bergenfield, too.

I don't know about Passaic but I'm sure Monsey has that, too.

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:16 am
Thanks for the responses. I am looking for a more Yeshivish community so Teanack would not do. Is anything in Clifton in that price range? My oldest kid is turning 4 so an up and coming area is fine for me. Is anything in my range in the Five towns/ Far Rockaway area?

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:35 am
chocolatecake wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I am looking for a more Yeshivish community so Teanack would not do. Is anything in Clifton in that price range? My oldest kid is turning 4 so an up and coming area is fine for me. Is anything in my range in the Five towns/ Far Rockaway area?

Try Bayswater. See if it's a good fit for you. It fits your other criteria.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 8:12 am
inwood? the forgotten fifth town.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 8:18 am
amother wrote:
Depends on the religious level you're looking for, but you can definitely find 4 bedroom homes in Fair Lawn and Teaneck for under 500k. They may not be huge homes or the nicest, most updated for that price, but will have the bedrooms you need. Probably West Orange and Bergenfield, too.

I don't know about Passaic but I'm sure Monsey has that, too.

Almost impossible to find a 4 bed house in Teaneck for under 500k. Maybe a foreclosure.

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
inwood? the forgotten fifth town.

What are the frum blocks of inwood?

byisrael

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 12:09 pm
I second highland park- though you need to take into account tuiton....

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 12:16 pm
In Elizabeth you can get a 4 bedroom house for half of that (or more also, depending on lots of factors). Elizabeth has yehsivish families, but it is not an exclusively yeshivish community - it is orthodox with a spectrum from modern to yeshivish (and it leans towards yehsivish a little more that it used to). It's a really nice community, with a 30 min train ride to NYC (there are buses also but they have traffic, so it 's more than 30 minutes).

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
Almost impossible to find a 4 bed house in Teaneck for under 500k. Maybe a foreclosure.
Sorry but that is just not true. I know someone who sold their 4 bedroom house, in teaneck, two years ago, for under 500K. And no, it was not a foreclosure. And it was not falling apart. Yes, the actual house was old, but it had been taken cared of the entire time.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 3:19 pm
amother wrote:
Try Bayswater. See if it's a good fit for you. It fits your other criteria.

Not happening. Bayswater prices have gone up lately and there's huge demand. There isn't almost nothing avail. Ppl really on this site still think of bayswater as the situation it was like 5 years ago. It has really changed.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 4:37 pm
West Hempstead

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 5:19 am
I think you can find a 4 bedroom house for 500k in Padsaic/Clifton -- it may not be the most updated house but I definitely think it's doable...just keep in mind that property taxes can be pretty high here...at the same time the standard of materialism is lower here so that you won't have that same keeping up with the joneses mentality here. It's a great community to live in- come check it out and speak to some of the realtors here.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 5:22 am
amother wrote:
Not happening. Bayswater prices have gone up lately and there's huge demand. There isn't almost nothing avail. Ppl really on this site still think of bayswater as the situation it was like 5 years ago. It has really changed.

Actually one of the bay 32nd houses are for sale right now. It would be 2, 3 bedrooms but can be made into a 6 bedroom with just knocking down one wall. That might be an option. I would
Suggest you contact Mordy Dornbush about Bayswater.

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:18 am
What is the asking price for that house
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating