Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Would you tell dd abut a miscarriage
Previous  1  2

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 9:46 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Why?

If she doesnt feel comfortable telling her about the miscarriage. She should be told something so that she doesn't think her mom is dying c"v.

Just talking about this bought up memories. Growing up we had a neighbor that had a miss. She missed twins, one at a time. My mother had no problem telling us that one baby she lost in the shower. (We helped the family alot then). I guess my mother wasnt close to us and still has a hard time sharing personal things.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:
If she doesnt feel comfortable telling her about the miscarriage. She should be told something so that she doesn't think her mom is dying c"v.

Just talking about this bought up memories. Growing up we had a neighbor that had a miss. She missed twins, one at a time. My mother had no problem telling us that one baby she lost in the shower. (We helped the family alot then). I guess my mother wasnt close to us and still has a hard time sharing personal things.

It's pretty obvious that you are responding based on your own imagined fear as a teen. Did you ever get a chance to process your own grief?

FWIW I had many miscarriages prior to my DDs successful birth. And I'm not in agreement with how our religion deals with miscarriages or early loss of a child. We all deserve to grieve our losses, siblings too. My older children (adopted) all were told about our losses, they all had other friends or confidents they could share their grief with and to help them process. Death is a part of life.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 10:11 pm
What does this have to do with religion?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children