Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Old Navy in Brooklyn or Manhattan with good service

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 10:38 am
My returns were recently shipped back to me! They claimed that it was received back after the return deadline. This never happened to me before, and it's quite a few items. I guess I was just too busy to take care of it between yom tov and simchos. I contacted customer service, hoping that they'd make a one time exception. They explained to me that I can try bringing the items back to a store and the store has the right to decide to accept it back and give me merchandise credit in exchange. Does anyone have experience doing that, or can someone recommend a store with nice staff that may do this for me? I'm considering going to the one at Atlantic Center Mall and walking over to the one at Fulton Mall 10-15 minutes away to try my luck at either one, but if anyone can suggest another location, I'd love to hear! Tia!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:15 pm
Their policies have gone baserk. I have some clothes I need to sell off too cuz they came back. Thank God there are just a few pieces and relatively inexpensive.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 5:48 pm
the problem is with all the holidays & buying they've changed their return policy ... it used to be with a receipt anything goes ... now they just don't care

and if you don't have a receipt they'll return lowest sale price

I have had success in kings plaza ... but you have to be low key & talk directly to a manager

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:45 pm
Just to update: the Atlantic Center Mall Old Navy processed a merchandise credit check (which should be coming in the mail any day now) for the current selling price of the items. Most items I got approximately the amount I paid, although two or three items I probably lost a few dollars on. I'm satisfied, although I did this on Cyber Monday and wonder if some of the merchandise possibly went back up in price after that, due to being on sale over Black Friday weekend, and I could have gotten a bit more. They claim that this credit may only be used in store.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:48 pm
That's good to hear. Can the check be used online or only in the store?

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:03 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Just to update: the Atlantic Center Mall Old Navy processed a merchandise credit check (which should be coming in the mail any day now) for the current selling price of the items. Most items I got approximately the amount I paid, although two or three items I probably lost a few dollars on. I'm satisfied, although I did this on Cyber Monday and wonder if some of the merchandise possibly went back up in price after that, due to being on sale over Black Friday weekend, and I could have gotten a bit more. They claim that this credit may only be used in store.

I once returned a tshirt to Gap without a receipt and was given a merchandise credit check as well. It can't be used online but it had no time limit. I used it a few years later without an issue.....

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:10 pm
gggrrrr.
This is my pet peeve with old navy.
I always get stuck BEHIND you in line when you are making your returns Rolling Eyes

I wish old navy would have a special service counter like kohls and let us who are shopping use the checkout lanes. waiting on line in old navy is forever because it seems like more than 50% of store traffic is to return online purchases. anyone agree?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
That's good to hear. Can the check be used online or only in the store?

Like I wrote above, only in store.
I asked them if I can use the credit to purchase a gift card. The cashiers weren't sure, but we all doubt it. Wink

They did explain to me that online purchases have a 45 day return policy, while in store purchases have a 90(!) day return policy.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
gggrrrr.
This is my pet peeve with old navy.
I always get stuck BEHIND you in line when you are making your returns Rolling Eyes

I wish old navy would have a special service counter like kohls and let us who are shopping use the checkout lanes. waiting on line in old navy is forever because it seems like more than 50% of store traffic is to return online purchases. anyone agree?

Nopes-don't agree. Why would I bother returning in store when there's free return shipping?!

I have found Old Navy to have very long lines but I attribute it to having very few cashiers, ans slow paced ones too...

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 12:56 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Like I wrote above, only in store.
I asked them if I can use the credit to purchase a gift card. The cashiers weren't sure, but we all doubt it. Wink

They did explain to me that online purchases have a 45 day return policy, while in store purchases have a 90(!) day return policy.

Wow, thanks for the information. I received my return back from them a while ago so I don't even think I can return the items to a store anymore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics