Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you LOVE your carriage?Need recommendations
1  2  3  Next

debsey

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:08 pm
I'm looking for a carriage that has easy pushing action, easy folding, etc. I don't use public transportation, but I will take my baby out for a stroll every day. (I'm due soon)

Anyone have a carriage (the kind that converts to a stroller) that they LOVE? I'll pay more for something that is very functional (easy to maneuver), don't care as much for stylish but if it's pretty, that's great too. In other words, function over form, especially if function is great.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:18 pm
I LOVE my bugaboo! It wheels amazing and it's really not hard to fold even though it has two parts. I can actually do it with one hand. It is pretty narrow so fits easily through doors. I wouldn't recommend it if you use public transportation, but you don't . It's also very pretty. I had it with my first two, and loved it so much I bought it again for my third. One negative is that the basket isn't that big.

nicole81

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:20 pm
Bshaah tova!

I love my uppababy Vista. It's super heavy but it's amazing for strolling. My baby also slept in the bassinet part for 6 months. It's expensive, too, but uppababys are 20% off this weekend only for their once yearly sale.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:23 pm
If you can, try out someone's stroller before you purchase it. I did that when I was pg with my youngest. I tried out my neighbor's bugaboo and found it very cumbersome. But some people love it. I think these things are very individual, and a pity to spend on something based on someone else's preference.

smileyfaces

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:33 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Bshaah tova!

I love my uppababy Vista. It's super heavy but it's amazing for strolling. My baby also slept in the bassinet part for 6 months. It's expensive, too, but uppababys are 20% off this weekend only for their once yearly sale.

Same. Love the uppababy. Has a bassinet for newborn, and a seat for when they get older. I used the base as a snap n go and found it really convenient. It's not super light so it wasn't easy in and out of the car but I also felt like I was using a really stroller instead of a cheap and difficult to push snap n go.

debsey

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:43 pm
I have bad carpal tunnel and a soft tissue damage to my wrist so I really need one that's easy to use. I have a bugaboo and it's too cumbersome - I can't wheel it or fold it. I need one that is super easy to wheel and fold.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:44 pm
I started with an Evenflo strolling system that allows you to snap in car seat or use as a stand alone stroller that my in laws bought for my first. Hated it the second I saw the box. Luckily it broke before my next one so we got the Mclaren XLR. I really liked it and in fact still have it in perfect working condition 8 years later, but we ended up buying and mostly using a double Mountain buggy by the next one, who was close in age with #2 (1 and 2 were almost 4 yrs apart). Big space again before the next one so I figured we would take out the Mclaren again, but before I had the chance, my neighbor gave me her 10 year old Bugaboo Frog she was going to toss. It is hands down the best stroller I have ever used. Except not convenient in the car. Perhaps if it was in and out of the car often I would be an expert at 1 hand folding and such and perhaps newer models (chameleon?) fold with more ease, but we just keep a snap and go or a Mclaren Volo in the car and use the Bugaboo for neighborhood strolling. Schmears the Mclaren in the smoothness of the wheeling and the ability to see the baby or face the baby forward so they can see the world, and the ease and comfort of the baby napping and sleeping in the stroller. I also find that with the height of it and the bar thingy, it keeps other kids from climbing or hanging on in front of the stroller and bothering the baby. I have a sister who will flat out not but any stroller that doesn't have a tray for her to put Cheerios on for the baby, so keep that in mind that lack of ability if that's important to you.

debsey

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:44 pm
I can't push my snap go - the wheels are not smooth and it's hard to maneuver around corners.

agreer

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:46 pm
I really like my mountain buggy cosmopolitan. It has a bassinet and seat that can be forward- or rear-facing, and the seat pops out easily so you can fold up the base if you want to put it in the car.

I got it because I did not like my sisters' bugaboos, and I heard that some people don't love uppa baby.

YHM

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 12:50 pm
I think you should check out the baby Zen yo-yo. I don't have it ( yet) , however I spoke to 2 people how have it and they can't stop raving about it.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:02 pm
YHM wrote:
I think you should check out the baby Zen yo-yo. I don't have it ( yet) , however I spoke to 2 people how have it and they can't stop raving about it.

I love my babyzen yoyo. But it doesn't recline enough for newborns. And if she's mostly walking, she should get a stroller with air filled tires like the bugaboo chameleon.

baschabad

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:03 pm
I love my BOB Revolution! I've had it for 8 years, and it's still going strong with my fifth child!

It's durable. Pushes like a dream. Feels solid and smooth. I feel macho when I use it.
It's bulky to fold, but that's what you get!

Check out their website for more info.

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:22 pm
debsey wrote:
I have bad carpal tunnel and a soft tissue damage to my wrist so I really need one that's easy to use. I have a bugaboo and it's too cumbersome - I can't wheel it or fold it. I need one that is super easy to wheel and fold.

If you feel that the bugaboo is cumbersome then definitely don't go with the Uppa Baby. I used to have the UB and loved it. If had a great wheel but I felt like I was pushing a train.

What about a City Mini? My double was easier to push then my UB single. I'm almost sure they make a bassinet that you can purchase separately.

YHM

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
I love my babyzen yoyo. But it doesn't recline enough for newborns. And if she's mostly walking, she should get a stroller with air filled tires like the bugaboo chameleon.

There is a bassinet addition for newborns.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:25 pm
Nuna mixx- it's light and it glides beautifully and has the easiest fold with the seat still attached. Once closed, it locks in place and u can wheel it like a suitcase. Has a complete recline for a newborn and a big basket. Love it!

sourstix

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:43 pm
why dont you go into a store for carriages and check them out yourself? youll see for yourself without having to ask anyone.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:45 pm
amother wrote:
Nuna mixx- it's light and it glides beautifully and has the easiest fold with the seat still attached. Once closed, it locks in place and u can wheel it like a suitcase. Has a complete recline for a newborn and a big basket. Love it!

I started a thread about it-I was debating between this and the Mama and Papas . I checked and tried them both out and took the Mama and Papas. The Nuna was an awesome carriage and I just hated the look but that's the only reason I didn't get it. You should definitely look into it.

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:47 pm
sourstix wrote:
why dont you go into a store for carriages and check them out yourself? youll see for yourself without having to ask anyone.

There's nothing like hearing from people that actually have a carriage for a while and have used it.

Also it's very overwhelming to walk into a store and pick out a carriage from 100 carriages. It may be smarter to try to narrow it down to two or three carriages before she goes to "test drive them " at the store.

sheifelah

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:57 pm
I think the bigger the tires,the easier it is to maneuver (getting over bumps/cracks in sidewalk, etc). I also think if the front tires are single, instead of two double tires (does that make sense? ) it will be easier to push & maneuver. I like my mamas & papas sola. It's easy to push and the handle bar is very ergonomic, in my opinion. It is a little bit wide (not wider than uppababy vista ) but I think it's just fine for Brooklyn. You can buy car seat adapters so it can function as a "snap and go". I did that fir my maxi cosi car seat and I love it better than a real snap and go. The basket isn't the biggest, though. ... but it seems not every stroller has ALL of the perks. I suggest maybe going to buy buy baby in Manhattan or a babies r us store - I like the one in Union Square, since it has a lot of floor space to try out. The two stores don't carry all of them same brands,FYI. (Like stores not selling Coke & Pepsi lol)

K that's my two cents! Hatzlacha & b'shaa tova! Smile

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:17 pm
Peg perego book pop up. I love how the bassinet folds with the stroller and the whole stroller pushes very smothly. Also if you get a peg perego car seat - it clicks right in. No need for attachments. Bsha tova!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics