Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you LOVE your carriage?Need recommendations
Previous  1  2  3  Next

debsey

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:23 pm
cnc wrote:
There's nothing like hearing from people that actually have a carriage for a while and have used it.

Also it's very overwhelming to walk into a store and pick out a carriage from 100 carriages. It may be smarter to try to narrow it down to two or three carriages before she goes to "test drive them " at the store.

100% agree. It's so overwhelming to try out 10 zillion. Best to crowdsource the information and narrow the field a little.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 12:21 pm
I love my Valco Baby snap 4. No parent facing option or bassinet- but I don't like bassinets anyway, the idea of an infant unrestrained in a stroller scares me.
Folds easy, decent push, LIGHT at 14lb, nice sized basket.

fiji

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 2:10 pm
I loove my city mini gt. Easy to fold, easy to push, car seat clicks right in and out with an adapter. Most importantly, it is AFFORDABLE! My one complaint is that the basket is not as big as other strollers...which doesnt really matter if u have a car

bamba

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 2:16 pm
another vote for nuna. I had nuna ivvi it was very big and quite heavy but was very easy to push. now I bought a cheap stroller (my baby is nearly 2) thats smaller bc I travel often on buses so easier but I find it much harder to push. with the nuna it bumped up and down sidewalks easily it had an enormous basket. The nuna mixx came out just after my baby was born I think. so check that out! the ivvi came with the adapters for a normal maxi cosi so you dont have to get thier carseat. also the carrycot was reallt nice and big! one of the biggest I'd seen.
You could also check out the joolz my sister had it. its very similar to the joolz but not got great basket space. gluck

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 3:19 pm
One thing important to us when choosing a stroller (because we walk a lot and don't have a car) was the ability to push with one hand. This meant I wouldn't choose any stroller with 2 handles, rather than 1 handlebar (because 2 handles makes one-handed pushing impossible). This way, I could hold another child's hand while pushing the stroller, answer the phone while pushing the stroller, take a drink when pushing the stroller. You get the picture.

We really love the regular city mini. Affordable, has a bassinet, easiest fold on the market, nice sized wheels and very maneuverable, even with just one hand.

bamba

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 4:09 pm
amother wrote:
One thing important to us when choosing a stroller (because we walk a lot and don't have a car) was the ability to push with one hand. This meant I wouldn't choose any stroller with 2 handles, rather than 1 handlebar (because 2 handles makes one-handed pushing impossible). This way, I could hold another child's hand while pushing the stroller, answer the phone while pushing the stroller, take a drink when pushing the stroller. You get the picture.

We really love the regular city mini. Affordable, has a bassinet, easiest fold on the market, nice sized wheels and very maneuverable, even with just one hand.

thats exactly my problem with my cheap small stroller. I cannot push with one hand it drives me crazy! even my big heavier stroller I could push with one hand!!

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 6:33 pm
Loved my phil and Ted! Easy to fold, easy to push, so flexible as a single or double, good for newborn, lies flat without needing a bassinet but you can get the car seat attachment, narrow so fits anywhere, kids were comfortable and had no problem sleeping, lasts for years and for bigger kids, basket not massive but that was my only minus, and I had an old model 10 years ago, they've gotten even better since then with an automatic brake, etc.

debsey

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 11:52 pm
Anyone have experience with the Doona? It's the one that has wheels that pop out so it's immediately a carriage.

YHM

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 11:56 pm
As the baby grows it can get really heavy. It's not a stroller, it is a car seat with the wheels attached. You will still need a stroller.

gande

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 1:38 am
Bugaboo bee. It's much easier to manuver than the regular one and it has one hand fold mechanism.

losingweight

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:15 am
About the doona, the car seat position isn't the best to keep a baby in all the time. Babies need to be flat also.

I had the mama and papa carriage. The. I got the nuna mixx. I love love the nuna!!! Such a smooth push. Very comfy seat for the baby. A huge basket. It's easy to fold no matter which way the seat is facing.

Roots

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 12:03 pm
we have the baby jogger city mini for 4.5 years now .
the stroller is lightweigh.,
folds like a dream (I manage with one hand holding the aby one ahnd holding the stroller)
the wheels are amazingly strong and are great until now.
its extremely affordable ( I have the 2011 version and 3 wheels ) I got it for $170 on albeebaby.com
you can buy a bassinet (which I dod for $150 and used for 3 months)
whats greta about this bassinet is that it is TALL and not short that the poor postpartum you has to keep bending dowwwwwn to put the baby in the stroller or to change a diaper and stoop so low your back hurts every time. the bassinet is high and thats great for me whos avergae hight and for my dh who is pretty tall.
you can take EVERYtHING off to wash in the laundry and it comes out like new
oh and also it has amazing sun canopy and the child is never seen squinting and moving his head to the side because the sun canopy goes relly low (another geat asset)
and I can go on and on and on.
read reviews on line

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 12:08 pm
I have the uppa baby cruz. Extrememy lightweight. Pushes like a dream. 1 hand fold, Easy reclining, huge storage underneath. I babysit a few babys that come in a bugcomes. Its the silliest carriage ive seen. Tips very easily, harder to recline. No storage at all. Ppl buy it cauz of the name.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 12:10 pm
YHM wrote:
There is a bassinet addition for newborns.

If there's a bassinet available for the babyzen yoyo, then it may be a perfect stroller for you. It's unbelievably light and folds with the blink of an eye. You can comfortably steer with one hand and it barely feels like you're pushing anything.

My one complaint is the the recline options are very limited. It won't recline near-flat for a kid to fall asleep in, and it doesn't sit straight straight up for kids who don't want to recline.
With that, it's still my favorite stroller.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:
I have the uppa baby cruz. Extrememy lightweight. Pushes like a dream. 1 hand fold, Easy reclining, huge storage underneath. I babysit a few babys that come in a bugcomes. Its the silliest carriage ive seen. Tips very easily, harder to recline. No storage at all. Ppl buy it cauz of the name.

I agree with everything, except mine does not have one hand fold. You need two hands.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:20 pm
If you don't mind a heavy stroller, the mutsy iGo is amazing. I've had it for a few years and it is way stronger and easier to push than any other stroller I've tried. The fold has a few steps but is very compact. I would buy it over and over again if I could. If you want something smaller without a reversible seat, I bet their new Nexo is great too.

smile12345

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:20 pm
smileyfaces wrote:
Same. Love the uppababy. Has a bassinet for newborn, and a seat for when they get older. I used the base as a snap n go and found it really convenient. It's not super light so it wasn't easy in and out of the car but I also felt like I was using a really stroller instead of a cheap and difficult to push snap n go.

Look on Dans Deals - I saw a very good offer on the Uppababy Vista there yesterday.

ETA: Here's the link http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/99659.

I don't have it myself, but I know many people who do and they are all extremely happy with it.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:28 pm
smile12345 wrote:
Look on Dans Deals - I saw a very good offer on the Uppababy Vista there yesterday.

ETA: Here's the link http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/99659.

I don't have it myself, but I know many people who do and they are all extremely happy with it.

The link doesn't work but it is currently twenty percent off.

smile12345

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:34 pm
cnc wrote:
The link doesn't work but it is currently twenty percent off.

I by mistake added a period at the end. I think some colors are more than 20% off.

This should work: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/99659

questioner

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:44 pm
Does anybody have the Britax Affinity? I've seen some really good deals on it lately (is it being discontinued?).
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics