Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos devora lakewood

gr8 mom

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 9:11 pm
Can anyone tell me more about it dont know anything and thinking of applying there..? From what u heard or first hand someone who sends there.... Thanks!

cy

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 9:15 pm
Are u first starting to apply to schools now? Its a little late. Very hard to get in there unless u have alot of pull.

gr8 mom

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 9:16 pm
No I applied already just trying to find out more about it if I shud pull towards there or the other schools I applied to...

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 9:22 pm
I am a private therapist and I go into Bnos Dvora a few times a week to work with different girls there. I LOVE the school (and I admit, I do feel a drop bad that I sent somewhere else.) I think it's a fantastic school, outstanding academics, Mrs. Notis really has her finger on the pulse, knows what's going on with each girl in the school. They are very 'balanced', not too many rules and regulations. I think it's a fantastic school, all around.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 5:02 pm
Bnos Devorah has earned a great reputation in a relatively short time. It's considered yeshivish/American crowd, very normal. I would feel comfortable with anything Mrs. Notis runs (I used to send to her pre-school, in the pre-Bnos Devorah days). She's a fantastic, smart person. I was tempted to send my youngest DD to Bnos Devorah but got advice to stay put (in Bais Faiga). I think it's a great school. If its a good fit for you and you have pull there, use it.

Last edited by Chayalle on Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 5:50 pm
So funny when grade mates of your who were not at all students running there own schools!

Chayalle

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
So funny when grade mates of your who were not at all students running there own schools!

Reported for Lashon Hara. I don't see the point in this post.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 9:07 pm
Had an interview there today. Seems like nice pple. Dont have much pull so doubt ill get in. Ita nice that they give every applicant an interview. The other schools dont.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:05 pm
I actually think it's awful that they give everyone an interview when they have zero intention of taking them in. It gets your hopes I for no reason.

I had a child in one school in town and was looking to send my second child elsewhere. My older one was going to be in grade 8 when my second was going to be in primary. In short,the entire interview consisted of them saying how they would love to accept us but are scared of the principal in my older daughter's school and that'll she'll be so angry at them for taking us on. Why give us an interview at all if that's your position ? Then to top it off we got two rejection letters from them. I guess one wasn't enough.

Bh it all worked out at the end and we are in a great place where the principal is old enough and secure enough to accept people into their school without fear of retribution. Our current school realizes people aren't married to a school and parents can send siblings elsewhere if they choose.

Hatzlacha to the Op!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:21 pm
Bnos Devora is an amazing school but...it's impossible to get into. I tried 4 years ago and it's even harder now. I ended up in Bnos Esther Malka and I'm thrilled. Mrs Schorr is warm and loving! you may have to try newer schools like Shiras Chaim, Nachlas Bais Yaakov, or Bnos Tzipa.

balibusta

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:24 pm
Not necessaraliy is it harder to get into now -theres more classes and more schools since 4 yrs ago.,

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:59 pm
Amother brown's post sounds like an insecure woman who feels like she had to put someone else down to make her feel better about herself.
Amother brown, do you have any inkling of how many people who did not do well in school go on to become extremely successful?
People can acquire new skills over the years. They can develop new interests. They can build on their challenges in their school years and use them to help students going through the same thing, or to revamp the system to be able to benefit everyone, even students like they were.
They can consult with other people and take advice from many people, thus having a nice balance.
In short, your post was inappropriate but also illogical.
Ps- I was the top student (valedictorian) and if you saw me now- sahm with a part time work from home job and no degree (yet)- you'd be shocked.
Tables turn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics