Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Resources for children with inappropriate s-xual behaviors.
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:16 am
amother wrote:
I agree. My brother is also a survivor of CSA and exhibited similar behavior to the OPs son.

What's CSA? And what helped your brother?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:33 am
Try a
שלום בוניך it's in בני ברק

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
I heard of a school in Israel called Matara. It's a Jewish therapeutic Boarding school for teens. I don't know anything about or if this is the sort of thing you want, but check it out on their website: http://jewishresidentialtreatment.com/

They sounded helpful and available when I got in touch with them for some personal advice, so perhaps they can help you with ideas if they aren't right.

Good luck, sorry you going through this

I checked out their website and it all sounds amazing BUT
1. crazy prices
2. hashkafically really not the right place for my son, he would very much not fit in there.

If only there would be a chassidishe equivalent Smile

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
Try a
שלום בוניך it's in בני ברק

Any contact info? Website?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:14 am
http://www.kolzchut.org.il/he/שלום_בנייך_-_קו_חם_וסיוע_טיפולי_לפוגעים_ונפגעים

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
http://www.kolzchut.org.il/he/שלום_בנייך_-_קו_חם_וסיוע_טיפולי_לפוגעים_ונפגעים

ah, a pity it's all in Hebrew. Too hard to navigate. I didn't see an option to translate to English..

5*Mom

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
ah, a pity it's all in Hebrew. Too hard to navigate. I didn't see an option to translate to English..

Click "All Rights" in the upper left-hand corner, under the Arabic.

marina

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 1:06 pm
I feel like many pple are just focusing on the behavior and missing the autism part. This is what autism is- a deficit in socially appropriate interactions. It's completely typical for teens with autism to act inappropriately when puberty kicks in. I would definitely not freak out and think of him as an offender or whatever. More like a kid with autism who needs instruction on socially acceptable ways of expressing s-xual needs.

Obviously other kids need protecting and the molestation history comes into play, but this kid is not as messed up as everyone is making him out to be. This is not unusual for autism.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 1:42 pm
marina wrote:
I feel like many pple are just focusing on the behavior and missing the autism part. This is what autism is- a deficit in socially appropriate interactions. It's completely typical for teens with autism to act inappropriately when puberty kicks in. I would definitely not freak out and think of him as an offender or whatever. More like a kid with autism who needs instruction on socially acceptable ways of expressing s-xual needs.

Obviously other kids need protecting and the molestation history comes into play, but this kid is not as messed up as everyone is making him out to be. This is not unusual for autism.

Well said. Thank you!

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 2:25 pm
marina wrote:

Thank you Marina, this is how I feel too.
-OP

Bored

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 2:32 pm
maybe Refael Schondorf? http://gethelpisrael.com/thera.....dorf/

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:
Op I feel for you
I don't know of resources in Israel, but
Dr Ballen does know.
Contact Dr Ballen and he will help you find the right place for your son.
He himself is a licensed psychologist, but I don't think he treats these kinds of situation, not sure, but he will know to whom to direct you in Israel.

http://www.zevballen.com/emuna......html

He is a person with a lot of Anava and will tell you his humble opinion. What to do is this was his child.

BTW, Dr. Ballen has a teen child with Autism.
I really think you should talk to him for some reference he is in Yerushalayim

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:40 am
Thanks everyone. I spoke to Amudim as well and they gave a name to speak to. He looks like the person I need, I hope he can help me with contacts in Israel. Anyone heard of him? Gavriel Fagin. Site: tikunim-counseling.com
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics