Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What's your worst cleaning task?
1  2  3  4  Next

salt

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:42 pm
If you don't have a cleaning lady, what's the cleaning job you most hate doing?
Mine is toilet and bathroom cleaning.
I sometimes feel I'd like to hire a cleaner just for 15 mins to do the bathrooms.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:55 pm
It takes her over an hour for the bathroom.. Anyhow, how do u clean yours ?

salt

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:57 pm
Takes me 30 mins, for two bathrooms:
2 toilets, 2 sinks, 1 bath and 1 shower.
Wear rubber gloves, clean with bleach, hold my breath the whole way through (breath through my mouth). Not that my bathrooms are so smelly, just don't like the idea.

markmywords

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:59 pm
Hands down, the toilet.
I can barely reach the side of the toilet to clean it, as it was installed too close to the wall (I have to wedge myself in to reach).
I feel like I am bathing in filth and urine every time I have to get in that area.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 5:22 am
The bathtub and shower stall and my stove top!

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 6:37 am
DISHES!! I would rather clean all the toilets in my building than do a sink full of dishes!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 6:41 am
markmywords wrote:
Hands down, the toilet.

LOL No pun intended? It's a good thing you put that comma in there. LOL

For me, it's that spot on the floor behind the toilet. The mop doesn't reach back there, so I have to get down there with Clorox wipes and scrub it by hand - and it STINKS! DH's bathroom is the worst. I don't even want to know why it smells back there, when the toilet in my bathroom isn't near as bad. I just try not to think about it, and get it over with as quickly as possible. Close my eyes and think of England! LOL

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 6:59 am
Fridge and stove top

tweety1

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:54 am
Folding laundry! My pet peeve

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:01 am
All of them. That's why I have cleaning help every day even though I'm home.

smileyfaces

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:03 am
Linens!!
I don't mind toilets or anything else I just can't stand doing linen.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:06 am
I don't mind bathrooms. I use Seventh Generation wipes (any wipes will do, I am just very chemical-sensitive) to wipe all surfaces, and it goes 1-2-3.

My least favorite household job is polishing silver.

dare2dream

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:08 am
I really dislike washing dishes and if I always need to wear gloves when I do it. I also dislike putting on linen.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:49 am
Cleaning my candlesticks. The wax is all over, I can't seem to find a solution for all the drips. I've tried the glass holder things and they've shattered.

I don't mind polishing them once all the wax is off, but getting the wax off is horrible.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:52 am
Toilet, the floors (I hate mopping), sweeping spilled sugar or other granules, putting on sheets.

tichellady

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:03 am
I don't mind cleaning. I hate packing lunch and putting food away after a big meal.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:09 am
Decluttering.
I don't mind any single cleaning task. It's when things become very messy and I have to sort it out and declutter first that I get totally overwhelmed. Kids' floors a mix of dirty laundry, garbage, toys, books... Kitchen a mix of dirty dishes, clean dishes, trash, people's toys/ books/ bags/ pencils/ etc. etc. left all around....
I panic when things get to that state and I try to stay on top of things to avoid it, but somehow it always happens and I turn into a deer in headlights.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:18 am
I'm like you, teal I hate putting stuff away. I try to force myself to put away right after use, so it doesn't build up. Once it does, uh oh.
Orchid, pour very hot (almost boiling) water onto the wax. It will melt and fall right off the silver.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 1:28 pm
sweeping and mopping the floor. I always get my husband to do that. It needs doing daily.

I do actually enjoy decluttering, I just wish I had more time to do it. It also takes forever.

animeme

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
Cleaning my candlesticks. The wax is all over, I can't seem to find a solution for all the drips. I've tried the glass holder things and they've shattered.

I don't mind polishing them once all the wax is off, but getting the wax off is horrible.

Can you use these? https://www.amazon.com/Disposa.....4SH5S
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics