Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What's your worst cleaning task?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

tymama

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 5:05 pm
amother wrote:
DISHES!! I would rather clean all the toilets in my building than do a sink full of dishes!

Me too! Thought I was the only one

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
DISHES!! I would rather clean all the toilets in my building than do a sink full of dishes!

I hate dishes too, so I just don't bother. Disposables all the way, and I wash pots right away. I hate dishes sitting in the food area crusted with decaying cholent from shabbos... shudder.

cbg

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 5:31 pm
Dishes I don't mind.
I hate laundry, especially ironing.
Also sweeping and mopping

amother
Green

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 6:37 pm
Folding laundry and ironing
I actually like to declutter and organize

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 6:42 pm
amother wrote:
Folding laundry and ironing
I actually like to declutter and organize

Bring your laundry to my house. I'll fold it all while you declutter for me! Very Happy

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 7:08 pm
I hate washing dishes!!!! It's my worst chore.
I love folding laundry. It relaxes me

Optione

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 7:12 pm
Organizing papers

fbc

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:02 pm
I don't mind cleaning the toilet, but I hate cleaning behind it!! I don't know why.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
Decluttering.
I don't mind any single cleaning task. It's when things become very messy and I have to sort it out and declutter first that I get totally overwhelmed. Kids' floors a mix of dirty laundry, garbage, toys, books... Kitchen a mix of dirty dishes, clean dishes, trash, people's toys/ books/ bags/ pencils/ etc. etc. left all around....
I panic when things get to that state and I try to stay on top of things to avoid it, but somehow it always happens and I turn into a deer in headlights.

Yep. This is true!!

I get overwhelmed when the kitchen or whatever room turns into a whole cholent mix. Very Happy

But once I get my act together I LOVE to declutter. It's my specialty actually. It takes me a long while until I organize my closets when change of seasons happens, but once I get to it phew is it CRAZY NEAT. like the high end stores, their shelves Very Happy

I declutter all day long. Sometimes regular like basic cleaning up after a day of craziness with the kids , and sometimes something more major. Though not so often the major stuff. I wish I could do more.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:27 pm
amother wrote:
Cleaning my candlesticks. The wax is all over, I can't seem to find a solution for all the drips. I've tried the glass holder things and they've shattered.

I don't mind polishing them once all the wax is off, but getting the wax off is horrible.

Pour BOILING WATER. not hot from sink, but boiling like from a percolator. Than wipe with towel paper IMMEDIATELY. do it again if needed. As many times as needed. It works great.

abaker

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:05 pm
Unloading the clean dishes from the dishwasher. Wiping down the fridge shelves and door. Wiping down the stove top. Ughhh!

I usually spray the stove and let it sit and dh wipes it. Not that it's so messy. It gets cleaned daily.

And really everytime I need to clean the fridge I ask around about cleaning ladies, but never end up getting one.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:11 pm
Definitely laundry! I hate that there's just no way to make it go faster. I feel like it just takes up so much of a day.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:12 pm
tymama wrote:

Wow I'm actually shocked by this. I don't mind doing 10 sinks of dishes (I actually enjoy seeing the cleanliness after its done), but I hate doing the toilets and keeping the house hygienically clean. I can keep it organized but to dust, wash, fold laundry...can't stand doing those things.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:20 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
Pour BOILING WATER. not hot from sink, but boiling like from a percolator. Than wipe with towel paper IMMEDIATELY. do it again if needed. As many times as needed. It works great.

Thanks for the tip! I may even try it tonight! I'd been doing the freezer but that only works well for the big drips.

esther11

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:27 pm
Mopping and changing linens!
Anything else I'll do (fairly) happily

MMCH

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:33 pm
well I dislike most cleaning..
but I struggle with daily upkeep of putting things away in the right spot- every time.
especially when the amount grows of all different stuff.

the clutter of all of our stuff drives me crazy- much more than scrubbing a toilet which is done after 10 minutes.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:44 pm
Cleaning the oven. Everything else, I'd rather be reading, but if I must do those chores I do them and finished.
Cleaning the oven I do with intense hatred in my heart. Since hatred is bad for the heart, for my 55th bday I bought myself a self cleaning oven.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:49 pm
tymama wrote:

Joining the dishes club here. Dishes and vacuuming are way worse for me than bathrooms IMO. But then again I live in an apartment with one tiny bathroom so while heavily used it's quick to clean. Lysol is my friend.

I think vacuuming also has to do with my vacuum. Super heavy and it misses stuff- and it is a Dyson (gift, I would never have bought it.). But I can't see myself replacing it until it actually breaks.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:08 pm
dup

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:47 pm
Changing linen! The pillows and sheet are ok, but the duvet covers just takes all my energy to do! I'd rather clean 2 bathrooms, the whole kitchen, fold all my laundry, mop the floors etc than change my linen.
I also don't especially enjoy polishing my leichter, but that's not something that needs to be done on a reg basis. I do it about 4 limes a year, usually before yomim tovim.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics