Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What's your worst cleaning task?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Zeleze

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:05 am
Stove, Oven and silverware

bigsis144

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:18 am
I can mentally zone out while folding laundry or washing dishes, so I don't mind them. As long as the kids stay out of my way and don't try to burrow into the piles, sorting and folding fresh, clean, yummy-smelling (and sometimes even warm!) laundry is pretty pleasant.

I really don't like cleaning bathrooms (my almost-4 year old, bless him, frequently gets distracted while "aiming"), but overall the hardest thing for me is picking-up after myself and others.

It's so easy for me to leave a grocery bag of canned goods on the kitchen floor and start making dinner (they won't go bad or anything), or not enforce "you can't take out the train set until you put away your crayons and coloring books" if I know it'll lead to screaming and crying, or put drape my sweatshirt over a chair instead of walking aaalll the way back to the closet when I get too hot (I'll do it laaaater....), or put off putting all the hats/scarves/mittens back in the bin where they belong after a kid kicked it over on the way out the door, etc. etc. etc. and then it's just overwhelming when every horizontal surface (tables, countertops, couches) is covered in STUFF.

tf

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:54 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Am I the only one here who actually enjoys polishing silver? That was my job as a child, and I still really like it. There's something satisfying in seeing it go from dull and ugly to gorgeous and shiny.

Did you get compliments, oohs, and aaahs for it? If so, this may be the reason, cuz polishing windows and walls also get a different look when done. Not to minimize your efforts. Good luck and enjoy doing until 120, just a thought that came to mind.

imamommyx2

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 11:59 am
The daily tidying I cant stand it. There is no point because it gets messy again two min later.... I quite enjoy washing my floor, windows, bathroom ect. Theres nothing like putting in some elbow grease and seeing instant results!!

sourstix

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:08 pm
the bathroom!!! I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it!!!! everytime I have to clean it I cry.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics