Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need a recommendation for a good pediatrician in Lkwd
1  2  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:34 am
I want someone who has good bedside manner and is taking new patients. My son's current pediatrician is way too busy for me and I don't feel like I get any personalized care there. I can wait on hold for 20-30 minutes just to talk to someone there and It's extremely frustrating. I know that it's hard to get in to some pediatricians in Lkwd because they're too full. TIA

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:36 am
I also should mention that I need a pediatrician that takes Jersey Care.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:39 am
Braverman, perhaps

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:51 am
Anyone else?? I'm desperate to switch pediatricians.

benny

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:05 am
I love dr Indich.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:16 am
When we lived in Lakewood, we used Westpark Pediatrics and I was very happy.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:19 am
benny wrote:
I love dr Indich.

Can you tell me what you love about him? Thanks!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:24 am
amother wrote:

Any specific doctor there that you would recommend and if so, which one?

benny

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:51 am
He cares about every patient. Will call at night to see how kid is doing if had something a little more major going on. I find him to really be spot on with his diagnosis. He knows what he's talking about. Not an alarmist but not too chilled either. I also get to see him every time I come. I'll try to think of more.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:53 am
benny wrote:
He cares about every patient. Will call at night to see how kid is doing if had something a little more major going on. I find him to really be spot on with his diagnosis. He knows what he's talking about. Not an alarmist but not too chilled either. I also get to see him every time I come. I'll try to think of more.

He sounds like a really good doctor. It's too bad because I just called their office and I was told that they're not accepting any new patients at this time. I guess I will have to try somewhere else. Thanks for your help!

debsey

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
Westpark has a good name, but I don't think they take Jersey Care. Has that changed? Does anyone know?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:59 am
debsey wrote:
Westpark has a good name, but I don't think they take Jersey Care. Has that changed? Does anyone know?

I just called Westpark and they do take Jersey Care. I think I'm switching my son over to them. I hope it works out!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:

Is that Dr. Sasson's practice? He saw my girls at birth, in Monmouth hospital. Excellent doctor, Dr Shanik recommends him.

My sister actually switched out of Dr Indich's practice, though my SIL uses him and loves the practice. Sis felt he was too tough in a certain situation.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:
I just called Westpark and they do take Jersey Care. I think I'm switching my son over to them. I hope it works out!

Good luck to you.
From what I remember about Sasson's group which I left around 9 years ago was that he wasn't frequently in Lakewood - more often in his other office, and that he did not have the same late hours/motzei shabbos convenience hours as many of the other pediatricians in Lakewood.

For those 2 reasons I switched to Chemed when Dr. Eilenberg came to town and then I followed him to his private practice.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:32 pm
I love west park/Dr. Sasson. It's true he doesn't have motzei shabbos hours and it could b be that you have to go to the deal office on Sunday. I always schedule my well visits with Dr. Sasson, but I know I can't be choosey for a sick visit. I like the other doctors in the group too, and the one I didn't like is no longer part of the group. Another plus is that the office staff is so warm and nice and helpful. It makes a huge difference.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:34 pm
I switched from Dr. Shanik about a year ago. I now use Dr. Hirsch at CHEMED and I am absolutely thrilled! He is so nice, will call me to check on my kids if something more significant was going on, he gave me his cell phone number. He knows who I am, he remembers my kids. I am SO SO happy there. Switching pediatricians was the BEST decision. I'm so happy I finally did it.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:54 pm
I like dr setton at West park. Though dr Sasson and setton (don't know about the rest) get booked for well visits really quicky.

As far as sick visit - I see whoever is available.

L K

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:04 pm
Another vote for Westpark.
I like Drs sasson, setton, lipstein, kerensky, topilow, a few times saw o'brien he was good too. Their nurse practitioners are also excellent: Cindy, Amy, Nechama.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:23 pm
Def dr hirsch at Chemed. I currently use west park and would switch to Chemed In a heartbeat. Unfortunately I can't for personal reasons.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:27 pm
I'm surprised no one mentioned dr. fenster!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics