Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need a recommendation for a good pediatrician in Lkwd
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:56 pm
Dr fenster is amazing!! The schlepp is a little annoying but hopefully its not for too much longer. Switching there was the best thing I did.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
Dr fenster is amazing!! The schlepp is a little annoying but hopefully its not for too much longer. Switching there was the best thing I did.

Totally worth the shlep in my opinion - 18 minutes to get there but less than 2 minutes in the waiting room. Much easier than 10 minutes to get to a doctor and over an hour in the waiting room! I use dr Fenster and am thrilled but I don't think he's taking new patients

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:25 pm
I need a referral for my son to get evaluated for speech therapy and I've heard that some doctors in Lakewood don't give out referrals very easily. Does anyone know if Westpark gives out referrals or not?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 5:58 am
amother wrote:
I need a referral for my son to get evaluated for speech therapy and I've heard that some doctors in Lakewood don't give out referrals very easily. Does anyone know if Westpark gives out referrals or not?

I don't know about west park but dr Fenster gave me a referral and prescription for therapy twice for one child (pt for torticollis and feeding therapy) and offered a prescription for another child which I declined cause I didn't think I'd have time to pursue it

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:58 am
amother wrote:

I have a child with complex issues. Dr. Hirsch at CHEMED never hesitated to give me whatever referrals I needed.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
I don't know about west park but dr Fenster gave me a referral and prescription for therapy twice for one child (pt for torticollis and feeding therapy) and offered a prescription for another child which I declined cause I didn't think I'd have time to pursue it

Dr Fenster is part of a big practice. How do you make sure that you always see him?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
Dr Fenster is part of a big practice. How do you make sure that you always see him?

He used to be in Dr Shanik's practice but opened his own practice some time ago.

Re: referrals, I thought I needed a referral when DD needed OT (turns out I didn't) so I took her to Dr Shanik's practice, but saw one of the PA's. She was very accommodating.

Whatever practice you are in, find out which doctor gives referrals and request a visit with that doctor. DD goes to BF and Mrs. Gutman (from the Gratter building) was very helpful recommending who I should see for the referral.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:
He used to be in Dr Shanik's practice but opened his own practice some time ago.

Re: referrals, I thought I needed a referral when DD needed OT (turns out I didn't) so I took her to Dr Shanik's practice, but saw one of the PA's. She was very accommodating.

Whatever practice you are in, find out which doctor gives referrals and request a visit with that doctor. DD goes to BF and Mrs. Gutman (from the Gratter building) was very helpful recommending who I should see for the referral.

Where is Dr Fenster's office located? Is he still in Lakewood?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:16 pm
Dr fenster is located across the street from Jersey Shore hospital but he is moving to lkwd hopefully soon.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 1:18 am
Westpark gives out referrals very easily for speech, I got one from secretary while there for another kid.
Great practice! I used them as a kid and use them now for my family.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics