Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teenager W/ Baby Blanket
Previous  1  2

yksraya

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:42 pm
If she's 18 it's a few years too late to do something about it. it's totally her own problem to deal with.

When she was 2 was the time to wean her off.
Or better yet, what I do is I don't give my babies the same exact blanket, I change here and there, when I wash one, they get the other, stroller has a diff one. Etc. That way they don't get attatched to one specific one.

My baby used to suck his fingers , I kept taking it out and offering a pacifier instead. And bh he is now 6 months and doesn't suck his fingers anymore.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:13 pm
I smiled when I read this post. I was SO nervous about my son still hanging onto his blankie when he started school. Then he had to have the surgery and the nurse was like make sure to bring his lovey for when he wakes up. I was like thank g-d he still has it!

Then we read a book in the Franklin series and the dad also still kept his blankie and I just let it go!

So my son still has his blankie at 13. He never brings it around the house or to friends houses. But its under his pillow or on his nighttable. Its fine! I'm glad it brings him comfort and security.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children