Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Another way to transfer money online- not QuickPay or Paypal

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 11:48 pm
I've been using Chase QuickPay for a couple of years both personally and for business (both as a client and as a seller) and it worked great. You didn't need to both be Chase customers and they didn't charge any fees.

Now I just had someone try to pay me through Quickpay and they got this message: "Starting August 21, 2016, if you don’t have a Chase checking account or Chase Liquid® Card, you can’t use Chase QuickPay to send or receive money from customers who use any of the participating banks in the clearXchange network." Which is just weird because I am QUITE sure that someone else who has been using it regularly even after 8/21/16 does not have a Chase account, and I definitely have been paying someone else who doesn't have a Chase account within the last month with no issue.

This is a business-related (not "friends and family") transaction that is quite large and I don't want to lose out with PayPal's fees.

Is there another option?

frankie

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:06 am
Look into Venmo

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:11 am
I believe clear exchange has ability to send to any bank in the united states ... you just have to create that option in the "my bank isn't listed" option

gibberish

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:17 am
I believe that Paypal is free if it's fully funded by a bank account.

If you are a U.S. PayPal account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in the U.S. or Canada, you may pay a fee, depending on how you pay.
Payment method: Fees:
Fully funded by your PayPal balance or a bank account linked to your PayPal account. Fee is waived.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:23 am
gibberish wrote:
I believe that Paypal is free if it's fully funded by a bank account.

If you are a U.S. PayPal account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in the U.S. or Canada, you may pay a fee, depending on how you pay.
Payment method: Fees:
Fully funded by your PayPal balance or a bank account linked to your PayPal account. Fee is waived.

It is for a business, not family/friend transaction.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to look up Venmo. I'm not going to have each customer set up clearXchange... it has to be easy.

shpitsel

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:46 am
amother wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to look up Venmo. I'm not going to have each customer set up clearXchange... it has to be easy.

I am having now the same situation, and its difficult to figure it , but actually even clear exchange is not working well , I have spent alot of times talking to them and no luck , thinking of opening up a liquid chase card ,anyone with any info on liquid card appreciated

shpitsel

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:47 am
amother wrote:

I am having now the same situation, and its difficult to figure it , but actually even clear exchange is not working well , I have spent alot of times talking to them and no luck , thinking of opening up a liquid chase card ,anyone with any info on liquid card appreciated

tigerwife

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:57 am
I use the Cash app in addition to Chase and PayPal. Only works if both parties have the app but it's free.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:04 am
tigerwife wrote:
I use the Cash app in addition to Chase and PayPal. Only works if both parties have the app but it's free.

If you use the app, you don't have to pay a percentage to Paypal for business transactions? Sounds too good to be true...

tigerwife

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:19 am
amother wrote:
If you use the app, you don't have to pay a percentage to Paypal for business transactions? Sounds too good to be true...

The app has nothing to do with PayPal. It transfers money using your debit card information.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:45 am
Oh I misunderstood what was meant by "in addition to Paypal." Thanks.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 4:07 am
Td bank has person to person payments. does that help you?
I have only used it once but iirc it costed me $1.
There is also td bill pay which is free. They mail a check for you from your account. (Postage is also free:)

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 4:29 am
Bitcoin? (just kidding Wink )

With all the new crackdowns on people funding terrorist organizations, you can expect banking to get a lot more complicated, especially if you are transferring large sums of money.

Can you list transaction fees as a business expense in your tax deductions, or are you doing a strictly cash business that is under the table?

shpitsel

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 5:03 am
tigerwife wrote:

How much money do you use a month with cash app ? I am talking from 5 digits till almost 6 digit numbers , I don't think these kind of apps let you move around with so much money

chatz

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:37 am
What about a bank wire or bank transfer? Same day wires are $15 flat fee at bank of america. I've seen fees ranging from $0 - $25, depending on the bank and depending on the length of time. Sometimes, the recipient bank also takes a small fee. But it's a flat fee, not a percentage. And I believe it can be free if you're both using the same bank.

Have you checked your bank rates? I'm pretty sure most banks offer this service.

exhausted

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 11:40 am
Another vote for Venmo. Quick and easy and no fee. Both parties have to have it but very easy to set up.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:57 pm
Propay?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 8:41 pm
I'll have to ask my bank because so far nothing else worked. Problem seems to be because it is sent from a different country.

Should I be concerned about the security of giving the other person my bank account number for the transfer?

chatz

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 9:28 pm
Regarding security, at work we have a separate bank account that is used to receive wires and transfers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics