Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Honey Mustard chicken with potatoes in crockpot

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 6:30 am
Hi, I'm thinking about making this for supper tomorrow night. Has anyone ever made this or something similar? Did it come out good? Thanks so much.

http://www.mostlyhomemademom.c......html

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 6:56 am
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking about making this for supper tomorrow night. Has anyone ever made this or something similar? Did it come out good? Thanks so much.

http://www.mostlyhomemademom.c......html

This recipe looks great. If she has a good track record of recipes coming out right, why not try it?

smile12345

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 3:59 pm
Wondering if I should try this - did it come out good?

Talya

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 4:04 pm
I made it and didn't like it

smile12345

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 4:05 pm
Talya wrote:
I made it and didn't like it

Thanks for the feedback - do you have a different crockpot recipe you would recommend?

Amarante

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 6:07 pm
I like the rotisserie chicken in the crockpot. Simple but flavorful and meat is so moist

smile12345

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 6:55 pm
Amarante wrote:
I like the rotisserie chicken in the crockpot. Simple but flavorful and meat is so moist

What's the recipe for that?

Amarante

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 7:48 pm
Season the chicken very well with whatever seasonings you like. I generally season the night before so the seasonings really permeate.

I also remove the skin and as much of the fat as possible. The chicken skin when cooking in a crockpot is inedible and you don't need it for moistness

You want to make tin foil balls to elevate the chicken while it cooks. Some people use potatoes but I wouldn't eat potatoes cooked in all that fat so I just use the tin foil.

It will be very moist and falling off the bone tender when it's done

This is just a suggestive of spices to use. Some people just use Lawrys Seasoned Salt 😀

* 1 (4 -5 lb) whole roasting chicken
* 3 teaspoons kosher salt (less if you like, this amount approximates the saltiness of the store bought kind)
* 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (you can use regular, I like the smoked flavor)
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
* 1⁄2teaspoon cayenne pepper(optional)
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1⁄ 2 teaspoon black pepper(optional)
* 4 whole garlic cloves (optional
* 1 yellow onion, quartered (optional)

Roll up a few small balls of aluminum foil (or thickly slice some onions, and/or veggies) place them on the bottom of your slow cooker bowl to serve as a "rack" for the chicken, so that it doesn't have to cook in the juices that will accumulate in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil (or veggies), pressing it down a bit if need be for the lid to fit.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.

Last edited by Amarante on Sun, Dec 18 2016, 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

smile12345

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 3:15 am
Thanks! Do you add any water to the chicken when cooking it in a crockpot?

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 5:15 am
smile12345 wrote:
Thanks! Do you add any water to the chicken when cooking it in a crockpot?

No water. You don't want the chicken to braise in the liquid. It cooks from the heat and steam.

That is why you elevate the chicken with the tin foil balls or the cut onions or potatoes. You want to keep it elevated and not cooking in the liquid.

I put in breast side up also.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey